Watkins Glen Vintage Festival

Anyone headed to The Glen this year for Vintage Weekend?

Joe B. '69 FHC

There will be a lot of us there from the Pittsburgh club.

Not the Glen, but certainly be at Lime Rock over Labor Day Weekend with my Series 3 OTS. If the weather holds, hell of an event.

Yes I’ll be their. Heading up Wednesday rain or shine. I signed up for the Stone Bridge Driver tour on Friday during the Grand Prix Festival. The Watkins Glen International Tour de Marque, launched from Chateau LeFayette Reneau, featuring Jaguar. Our group will be arriving downtown around 1:30 pm on Friday for our two laps around the Old Course, then parked at LaFayette Park for the rest of the afternoon to enjoy all the festivities.

Then going up to the track on Saturday for the car show and races. Also Sunday races.

Hope to see some of you their and say hello.

Bob

We were going to bring our ’75 XJC up for the Tour de Marque but it closed out…only remaining events are FLX Jag and Gymkanna…can’t see me wrestling the XJ around a Gymkanna course and I think the 100+ mile trip to the top of the lake may be a bit too much for the old girl that gets an occasional 20 minute run around town…I was looking forward to driving the old course…we will be up there but probable no point in trailing the XJ up there…Joe B.

On the contrary. It is normal for ‘short-trip’ Jaguars to run better and be healthier after a decent run. 100 miles hardly qualifies but it’s a good start.

Anyone fancy doing a write-up with photos for the Jaguar Journal? I have a UK funeral to attend.

Pete

Sorry to hear you could not get in, I signed up at last year’s festival for this year, to make sure I got in. Looking for a great time.

Something that I should have done. Where are you staying?..JB

At a B&B about 2 miles north of Watkins Glen on Rt14. Will also be hanging out at the Seneca Lodge on Thursday and Saturday evenings.

We stayed at the Harbor Hotel last year and liked it so we booked it again…

For a good meal head north to The Eagle in Himrod, NY. Just north of the Glen off of rt 14. Norm and Brenda are friends of mine, tell them I sent you.

Thanks Dave…