Wear on edge of right hand front tyre (again!)

I am having tyre wear problems. The inner edge of the right front tyre wears quickly. Not the left tyre so I do not suspect toe-in problems, but possibly camber? Anyone else have this or know how to solve it?

My apologies. I have posted about this before! I should just confirm that even after the most careful alignment to correct toe in and/or confirmation that it is correct, I still have the problem. I suspect camber but apparently this is not adjustable. Any comments?

Alan is the car pulling to one side or the other? There wa a TSB about pulling which involved camber adjustment when-all -other-measurements are correct.
The factory solution was to shim the vee mount on one side. This may be a solution to look at?

Any clunking on takeoff, cornering, or crown changes in the road? It could just be a shot bushing.

Alan,

Did that ‘most careful alignment’ include measurement of the camber? If so, did they match, left and right?

It should be possible to see any serious variation in camber angles by eyeing the front wheels in the straight ahead position to see if one is ‘leaning from the vertical’ more than the other.

When I was having uneven tyre wear problems and wanting to check camber, in the absence of an inclinometer(?) I conceived a method of comparing (not measuring as such) camber angles by rigging a straight-edge vertically against the wheel rims (I used a suitable length of copper tubing) and by holding a spirit level against that straight-edge. That way, by noting the position of the ‘bubble’ from the vertical I could assess if one wheel was leaning in or out more than the other… Mine were spot on fortunately. :slight_smile:

When I was having uneven tyre wear problems and wanting to check camber, in the absence of an inclinometer(?) I conceived a method of comparing (not measuring as such) camber angles by rigging a straight-edge vertically against the wheel rims (I used a suitable length of copper tubing) and by holding a spirit level against that straight-edge. That way, by noting the position of the ‘bubble’ from the vertical I could assess if one wheel was leaning in or out more than the other… Mine were spot on fortunately. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

If you have a smartphone you can use one of the many free inclinometer apps in place of the spirit level.

Wow! Didn’t know about those. I now have a smart phone (grandchildren dragging me in to the 21st century!). Those apps look the business.

Yes, whilst smartphones can be a pox on society some of the apps are quite practical and useful. I use one to record and track auto-related expenditures, fuel economy, and services due.

Andrew said ‘Any clunking on takeoff, cornering, or crown changes in the road? It could just be a shot bushing.’

None of those.

Robin said 'Alan is the car pulling to one side or the other? ’

No; car doesn’t pull to one side, even under harsh braking.

Bryan said ‘I conceived a method of comparing (not measuring as such) camber angles by rigging a straight-edge vertically against the wheel rims’

I’ll try that. Thanks all for your responses.