What a project. So tempting

Fabulous restoration very well done

That’s kind of what my 3.8 coupe looked like when I got it.

Plus that’s if the Classic car market holds, in a world economy where Politicians seem keen on Torpedoing it. I had lots of Classic cars in the Early 90’s when the market crashed from the 1st Gulf War. 2 Aston DB5’s a Maserati Vignale spider in Restoration.
Everything crashed.
Let’s hope we don’t go that way again.

Opportunity to buy up perhaps ….as Buffett says be fearful when others are greedy and be greedy when others are fearful ……. It takes balls but generally it is a good maxim for investing in anything

1 Like

The big set in this market.

Hay Tom, lots of money and lots of things to do. I have to finish mine, busy with papers. It’s coming soon hopefully.
Guys, I am back from the balkans, made the house better on the hill for the family, my wife etc.
Just looked at my engine today, also lots of work had to be done.
Frank.

1 Like

Hey, Frank …. where ya been? Balkans all this time?

Is that just a fresh rebuild or did you build it sometime ago?

Danny, fresh rebuilt engine, high compression, 3.8 Litre, changed the pistons and conrods, and balanced the lot. Big inlet valves, chain and different cams from a series 2, for the noise. Weld the inlet manifold to e type and used the later XJ carbs. Changed the oil flow to the cams, direct from the filter housing and have an oil cooler attached to it.
Made the rear lights from Stainless Steel.
Greetings Frank.

2 Likes

So other than that frank the engine is standard :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Very nice, looks like S3 XJ6 head

So from that picture …how can you tell

Whoa… stop right there!!

Cast from SS, or carved?

:grimacing:

Later heads use freeze plugs on the three positions instead of large bolts and washers. The original style wire loom holder tends to cover this more for those that are using the later head.

Thanks Dick …… my education continues

I noticed that, as a clue: did ROW XJ6s get cylinder heads without air injection ports?

1 Like

Wiggles, no casting, I form the metal to this, because all these rear lights have pitting and is aluminum castings, so it’s for live Stainless.
Just trying to do my best with all the parts.
Frank.

Don’t know, about that head, but it has big inlet valves and now series two camshafts.
Frank.

Danny, there was a guy here in Holland who did want to buy my e type for racing, so I thought to do some work for him.
Frank.

Very nice work: did you form them over wooden molds?