What Can Be Removed

I had some touchup pain made for the fern green car. Unfortunately it did not match. The counter man asked if there is a part I can remove to aid in color matching.

Can anyone suggest a color removable part?

Thanks
Lou

Lou,

this sounds strange.

If they have the car, they should be able to match the color, no need to take off any particular part.

There might be one trap door: If I’m not mistaken, fern grey appeared twice as a Jaguar colour code - on S I and S II cars -, but with different colour tones.

Good luck

Jochen

75 XJ6L 4.2 auto (UK spec)

Hi Lou, I did the same a few years ago. The only readily removable part on your car is the bonnet catch. My car is Old English White and the match was great. The provider put the part in a scanner about as big as a shoe box. In your case - if the paint is older - this will be less faded that the car’s exterior. Paul

Paul: thank you for the response. I want to see if I am on the correct path.

My bonnet catch is a finger like device, hinged under the bonnet. I ask because it appears welded in place.

Thanks
Lou

I take of the valance under the front bumper. Three bolts underneath and two in from each inner fender.

That’s the one. It was sufficient for a great match on my car. We had the car painted in 2002 - still great but I wanted 300ml of paint for small repairs. Paul

The finger part is pinned on my car - was a matter of removing the pin. Paul