What cyl head gasket should I get?

The head on my 150 is off. Triple carbs from a Mk10 on a 3,8 E-type block. The thin metal gasket was leaking a littlebit at the rear end of the intake side.
There are modern gaskets, I understand, that are far better. Different ones perhaps…?
Peder

Cometic, or Payen. Both good, and if you need to correct for proper compression ratio, Cometic has customizable thicknesses.

Hi Peder,
Were you able to use the MK10 inlet manifold for this? I have a set from a MK10 myself and was considering putting them on my 3.8 150 but wasn’t sure if there was bonnet clearance issues. I was reluctant to rebuild the carbs only to find they wouldn’t fit… Cheers, Jon.

Jon
I am with you on this, as I have a 4,2 MK10 being readied for my 150, and decided to install the twin stromberg manifold from a Series 2 E type and install twin 2 inch HD8’s, I was also concerned that the triple SU’s sit too high and foul the bonnet.

Thanks,
I remember the CR issues, as the modern gaskets are thicker. I have the domed 9:1 pistons to start with, so should be ok. And SNG have these I suppose.

No problems with the bonnet against the SUs. This transformation, on my car, was done in the 80s. Usual surgery to the inner fender wall, as did Jaguar themselves in 1958.

1 Like