What did you do to your E-Type today?

Yesterday, we went for a little bimble along the Jurassic Coast. We picnicked on top of one of the highest peaks (only 600ft above the crashing waves), while the latest storm approached these septic isles. “I bet you’ve won the car of the carpark competition!” one admiring chap said to me. I usually do.

If you look closely at the first of these images you will be able to see some of the seven huge cruise ships currently at anchor in Weymouth bay. Some of these ships would normally have up to 5,000 holidaymakers plus crew on board. The second image shows a hard limestone shelf at the tide line, a feature of this stretch of coastline. And the last image is the car of the carpark competition winner, owners celebrating with a cup of tea!

There were no other classics, let alone classic Jags on the road. No MGBs, no oddball Brit saloons from the 1950s.

Anyway, back to the current topic on this thread. You can get a decent steak in Blighty. I’ll correct that, you can get an excellent steak in Blighty. Gauchos serve the best Argentinian sourced meat at very expensive restaurants across the land. I’ve experienced their service in the Sloane St, London restaurant. The selection of meat, still dripping red, was brought to the table. We selected our preferred cuts which were then cooked to perfection, and, with a suitable Argentinian wine, we enjoyed Blighty’s best steak. They also serve vegetables.

2 Likes

Tom, I bought a clock who was rusted inside, so dismantle the hole clock, now I have put it together, but did not know there was a replacement for it, to change it to digital. Thanks.
Where can I buy this repair set? Because I have 2 clocks, one positive and negative.
Frank.

Final word on English cuisine. A group of Asian (that’s India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka in British English) comics had a show called Goodness Gracious Me. One sketch was ‘Going out for an English’. This is a piss take on going out for a curry, which is the Brit’s favourite meal - not fish and chips or a steak or a burger.

Back to E-Types…

2 Likes

It does. And I replaced the fuel pump and lines on a Suburban, which as you likely know is not a pleasant job, involving dropping the tank. (In my case multiple times)

Chris, I confess that I may have been out for a Friday night curry in London once or twice…the satire here is spot-on

Hi Frank. The company is Clocks4Classics.com. I wrote a complete thread about the rebuild here:

https://forums.jag-lovers.com/t/revisiting-jaguar-clock-repair-the-smiths-gold-plated-contacts-conundrum/394095

You won’t be disappointed!

5 weeks recuperating from thumb joint replacement. now on third progressively smaller cast/splint. would love to work on the car, can’t do sh**. type 1 finger with offhand.

1 Like

Typing with one finger. Isn’t that how we all do it? :thinking:

1 Like

Better than I used to do: I now type with two fingers, each hand.

Used to be only with one hand…:crazy_face:

As long as we’re taking this side trip, thanks to high school typing class, I can type with all nine remaining fingers. When I was at the small northern MN ER 12 years ago after doing a 95% amputation of my left index finger with a table saw and the nurse was doing triage to try to decide if they should transport me somewhere else to try to reattach it, she asked me what I did for a living and whether or not it required typing. I told her I was a lawyer and I typed on my computer every day. When I looked at the paperwork after it was all over, it said “Occupation: Typist.” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And now an “E Typist”…

2 Likes

“I fought the saw and saw won”

3 Likes

Finally done with the painting and have the E-type back together. :rofl:

1 Like

Cant really render an opinion, till we see the door shut gaps…:laughing:

Not today, but over the last week, i rebuilt the clutch master cylinder, took the distributor apart to make the vacuum advance work, and replaced the upper and lower ball joints. When my mangled hands are better i will do some more chores. I only have a short time that i am able to work on the car, so i have to make the best of it.

1 Like

Oh, man… I feel your pain.

:confused:

I’ll render an opinion… I ain’t ascairt… the photo looks awesome and you wouldn’t paint it without the shut lines being acceptable… Paul’s just jealous cuz I get the first ride.

1 Like

I think you’ve left out half the spokes??

2 Likes

That helps, I was wondering what all those little needle like things were.

1 Like

can’t. weatherstrip is missing

1 Like