What did you do to your E-Type today? (Part 1)

Yep, and for touch-ups, another good’un is the product—it may be “Mother’s”— that comes in a tin, within little ‘poofs’ of cotton.

I think you are thinking of this stuff:

1 Like

That’s some ancient stuff. We used to get, might still do as far as I know, in the U.K. stuff called Solvol Autosol. This was back in the 60’s.

Sounds like the same stuff of which you speak.

Do you wanna make a trade?

2 Likes

Not a chance my friend not a chance.

:joy:

How appropriate that the Donald is mentioned in the same thread as ‘Nevr-Dull’.

Anyway, this is what I have been using lately:

https://www.homehardware.ca/products/300/45484761.jpg

Seems to work well though possibly not a lot better than the usuals.

1 Like

It is amazing how sometimes the smallest things bring joy. After having my clock repaired it came back working and looking beautiful. The problem was that it was to beautiful. The clock face had been cleaned and the glass was polished. It looked so good that I hadn’t realized that the other gauges had gotten dull over the years. This made me take out the remaining gauges and take them apart clean and polish. Now the dash does truly clean and new.

Folks,

Making nice winter progress here in central New Jersey. Recently finished the install of a new tach generator and my Joe Curto rebuilt triple SU’s. Gauges rebuilt and finally have a functional tach

All good, bring on the drives!
Steve

4 Likes

Looks Fantastic. Who did your gauges?

Thanks, it’s gone as planned so far. Nisonger in the Hudson valley did the instruments (speedo, tach and clock upgrade)

Bought several metres of different coloured wire for a harness build/modification. I am nearly running out of things to do waiting for my shell.

1 Like

Spent the day getting the car up in the air so that I could balance and rotate the tires, grease the chassis and bleed the brakes. The first picture is of my bubble balancer that has been a very useful tool.
Cheers,
Lynn

IMG_5456

6 Likes

i have the same balancer, only way to do wire wheels IMHO

I agree, very handy and reproducible results. My Dad had this one and passed it on to me.
Cheers,
LLynn

1 Like

EhI just went down to the garage to have a look. still bloody cold but I have hope about a fantastic summer!

3 Likes

Finally got all my new seat belt parts in and installed all 4. Not sexy or hard, but I feel much better with a seat belt that fits and modern catches.

2 Likes

…you mean, on the beast of a TURFMASTER?

loan me the two red bookends and I’ll keep 'em company whilst I try to get my cat purring!

69’ Coupe

Spent yesterday and today epoxy’ing my inner bonnet and fittings. Came out pretty nice, I think. I put up a pic of my exhaust fan. I used 3/4" backed foam board and cut a hole the size of my new Lowe’s high Speed fan. On high, with the main garage door open about 3 ", this fan sucks so much air that there are NO visible particles in the air, while spraying and immediately after a 10 minute spray session, I can take off my mask and have very little VOC smell at all.

3 Likes

My E turned 50 today so I took it out and squirted it around a few corners on a beautiful spring- like afternoon. Gosh these are great running and driving cars. Still can’t believe I get to own and drive the prettiest car in the world with the best engine of all time in it. Now we are back home having a beer together and toasting Sir William. If you look close you can see my little piece of the original Browns Lane Factory where my car rolled out 50 years ago

David
68 E-type FHC

9 Likes

You Texans drink your beer with straws? :wink:
Beautiful car and great picture.
Cheers,
LLynn

1 Like