What did you do to your E-Type today? (Part 1)

Is Enjoyment a good name?

1 Like

Beats “Puddles.”

:joy::joy::joy:

Enjoyment. Hmmm, check with family. Wife came up with ours.

The last few oil pans I have seen for sale were around $500 USD.

1 Like

500… I might take it there are some people asking 1k+.
I paid volvo 1k for a little piece of plastic and wires for a 4 way flasher issue on my xc90.
My friend spent 8k on brakes on his 2015 Porsche.
Trump is the president …
We live in crazy times☺

2 Likes

Yes it sure is. The amp will draw around 60 to 80 amp.
They are doing a fantastic job on the custom work, I believe the RMS will be around 700 watts.
I’ll be posting shortly on the work done.

Hi,

If I could get a good E-type sump (no cracks) for $500 USD I would buy two immediately! The last really good one I saw was £700 GBP.

And talking about radios, mine is not stereo, it’s mono. :slight_smile: And I think it’s potential output is probably a couple of watts, maybe 2-3W. So at least it will not drain my battery nor fry my original BUTEC alternator. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Pekka T. - 1S20183
Fin.

PS. But I have gone crazy lately too (only now?) as I bought an old Audiovox AM/FM 8-track. But not stereo. It’s Quadraphonic! :smiley: And I also bought a deck in quadraphonic so I can make backups onto my computer of the rather rare and expensive quadraphonic 8-track tapes. The good part in the Q8 tapes is that they only have one break, as the tape only runs through twice, it’s using four tracks for audio at the same time with the 3 3/4 ips speed. But it’s not going in the E-type, although I have four speakers in it, as not much can be heard when driving with the top down (except the wonderful exhaust) but I think inside the comfy coupė (XJ6C) would be a much better place to listen to Rick Wakeman or Frank Zappa in quadraphonic… :wink:

Oh, good lord: the Finnish winters have finally driven you over the edge…:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::joy::crazy_face:

Tried my 2+2s load space to see if a big wheeled folding wheelchair would fit. It did. So next year my Dad and I will be able to visit Bovington and a local steam fair and Crofton Beam Engines on a steaming day and local steam railway event and …

2018 will be a busy year as I plan to do the E-Type Club’s round Britain coastal drive. About 2000 miles around the coast of this septic isle

1 Like

I thought Trudeau was the president in Canada.

700 watts stereo in an E Type?

Toiletposter2

1 Like

I have yet to see a perfect E Type sump for sale. These had cracks and were repaired. One real nasty and the other fairly clean welds.

Saw Wakeman (YES) in Columbia, SC in 1972. Great times!!!

Never saw Zappa exept for the poster I had.(above)

1 Like

That’s correct Trudeau is My Prime Minister.

Peak power is around 1200watts but the RMS will be lower at 700.

I’m hiding 2- 5 1/4, 4-6 1/2 and 2- 8 inch subwoofers and adding a double din player.

“DIRTY LOVE” for the Zappa heads will never be the same. :sunglasses:

Yes, but I’ll be able to listen to it in quadraphonic! :wink:

It might only be 5-10W per channel, but you know surround sound from the 1970’s… :smile:

I have never seen Wakeman or Yes live but have seen Jon Anderson in a small theater in Helsinki and did see Zappa in Helsinki in 1988, that was one of the best concerts I have ever been to! And I have been to a few.

He did have well known nice gigs in Helsinki in 1973 and 1974, 1976, 1977 and although by big brother went to see the concert, for some reason he did not take me with him! :frowning: Well, I was three and a half years old at the time of the 1973 gig, so maybe that’s why…

BTW four shows in two days back in 1973!

Cheers,

Pekka T. - 1S20183
Fin.

PS. And it’s not that cold over here Paulie, dark and wet, yes, but not cold. Besides I think it’s like David Lee Roth from California sang, more likely to go crazy from the heat!

1 Like

Installed the 2 of the 8 speakers in the foot wells.

Hopefully wrapping the speaker in box in vinyl today.

Changed the instrument bulbs to LEDS

Painting the air vents and repairing the dash pad today.

Installed new LED headlight, much better that original with less pull on battery.

Here’s a pic of the centre radio counsel you’ll see the original behind the MDF. The opening is for my KENWOOD DMX694S.

The speaker box tucked neatly underneath the top with a 2 6 1/2 in speaker and 2 8 inch sub with loads of air to ensure optimal sound. The little round holes are the auxiliary plugs and battery meeter.

Headlight looks pretty neat

Please give us a report on how they compare to the sealed beam halogens. Interested in pattern, cutoff and illumination distance.

Grote 90941-5 7" LED Sealed Beam Headlights

Will do should have her out for a drive when the stereo is done.

It’ll be a cold one -5C to -15C next week

1 Like