What did you do to your E-Type today? (Part 1)

Took the car or a 100 mile run today…… but brakes have always been a bit sticky in that after a stop takes a few seconds to release properly…( kept putting off cleaning the little piston in the reaction valve) … yesterday on way home it decided not to use the power assist and whilst brakes worked fine it was obvious the piston wasn’t moving …with a clear road …I pushed a bit harder and nearly went through the windscreen as the piston moved and servo kicked in😀…… so I need to get to the “5 min job” before driving again……. Maintenance is essential when caris not used regularly

3 Likes

When hours invested . . .

. . . becomes miles enjoyed!

2 Likes

First drive of the year. Purpose was to buy birthday presents for SWMBO. It did require a round trip of 85 miles to buy garden tools suitable for a Septuagenarian with early stage arthritis.

This early in the season local roads are still quite …er… wintery.

4 Likes

I’ll trade ya…:cold_face:

2 Likes

I thought it was a leaking radiator hose at first, Chris. :person_shrugging:

I’d trade my mucky winter roads for this. This was home for two weeks. 14 degrees north, 61 degrees west. Not E-Type country though.

That had me worried for a minute.

Springtime in Wisconsin on Saturday. No snow on the ground the day before.

4 Likes

And Helsinki. Last Thursday when we flew back home from Miami it was +10C and sunny, no snow on the ground and streets until yesterday, I was biking on Saturday. :cold_face:

Cheers!

4 Likes

Well this does not sound too encouraging. I am flying over there for the Goodwood Members Meeting in a couple of weeks with a side trip to Techno-Classica Essen a few days beforehand. Guess I better pack as if I was going skiing.

David
68 E-type FHC

Mud rather than snow. Certainly for Goodwood, where the weather is likely to be quite moist. Not due to have the snow that featured in a previous MM. Essen may be a few degrees cooler.

Finished the IRS except for shocks, rear extended bleeders …difficult to do the shimming whilst holding stuff …all a one man job……too tired to finish today :joy: not as strong as I used to be !

7 Likes

Yeah, you are. It’s a different type of strong.

2 Likes

Danny
Looks nice careful it doesn’t fall off the jack it’s easy to shift when working on it ask me how I know
Was working hammer and dolly on my bonnet look what I did. :nerd_face:

Actually it was at sun n fun Lakeland Florida

2 Likes

Yep transferring to better trolly today

I use engine lift to transfer it …today shocks
Will get the bleeders Monday so will put in car Monday …I’d normally not wait but room is restricted with the 2+2 ……so I want everything in place prior to fitting …… that will be fun given the only way to fit is to have the mounts in place …… I did do a trial fit of just the cage so it will. “Fit” with the usual help of a “ poge” ……might need some help on this from a mate …I’ll see how I go!:hot_face:

Two mounts on the cage and two on the frame can’t remember if it’s front or back
On my s1 anyway can’t speak to other models

Cheers

True except for 2+2 where mounts need to go on first

Chers Amis,

Today, for my E Type RESTOMOD project, I (finally) received enough to stop the cavalry effectively…
this is what it gives:

2 Likes

Today I fitted the IRS into the car and made brackets for the remote bleeders
One man and his Podge took about 4 1/2 hours …which wasn’t too bad as this was into a 2+2 where you have no option but to fit the mounts first and then “Offer up” the IRS ……usually takes me about 3 hours on my own to completely fir a rear end in a coupe or OTS

Will finish the job tomorrow as too knackered to do it safely today.

5 Likes

Now I am really jealous! Such good work you do Danny. My IRS continues to sit on the floor since Sept!