What did you do to your E-Type today? (Part 1)

Robert Mueller (taking time off from other pursuits) or Dr Michael Mueller?

Hope your car did well.

–Drew

1 Like

Did they find a Russian in the boot?

As my elderly aunt would say, is it starting to get a little warm in here, or is it me?

1 Like

as to loose clothing, especially a tie,back in the teletype day,it was possible to lean over the machine,tie dangling, just as a transmission ended,which always ends with 12 quick line feeds, a tie in the roller would result in your chin to the machine quite quickly,
Nick

Back on topic, now that I’ve got spark again, I washed it, waxed it and put the hardtop on. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Does the Wee-12 hardtop work any better than the 6-bangers?

Today I treated my new interior to some leather conservation.
A good old advise I’ve used over the years is natural soap flakes dissolved in hot water and then when cooled down to lukewarm, massage the foam into the leather.
Soft as bottoms :roll_eyes:

You better have the banged up hands like the guy in the video. Craftsmen only need apply. Wish I had drills that sharp.

Hi,

Nope, it’s worse I think. Because of the vents it’s not as silent at high speeds, it flexes more and is more difficult to fit IMO without damage to paintwork on the doors and B-post.

But it is more silent than the softtop and visibility and looks are great, and quite roomy in comparison to the SWB. :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Wonder if something like this is why some of the E-type racers at Goodwood etc put in that little block to to prop open the boot-lid a little ? Is this something to let them vent better and help things with the hard top on the OTS or is it for some sort of aerodynamic benefit ?

David
68 E-type FHC

Nothing I’d ever heard of, but these folks agree!

I hear there’s a Kiwi, making handmade soap…:wink:

1 Like

It all makes sense. I’m Danish and the company you refer to is Danish as well. Smart people :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I also partially cleaned the seats in my wife’s car. I removed two black marks of unknown origin. It took maybe 5 minutes to remove the marks and you can see how clean the leather is where I cleaned around the marks.

Pat, nice and all aluminium, ofcourse. Did you make it youself or is it original body.
I am working to with an old body, welding everwhere.
Greetings Frank.

1 Like

Re plumbed the fuel system now the fuel gets sent back to the tank cooled then pumped back via high pressure pump.

Very clean work. Thanks boost theory.

Finally learned how to wire weld and welded up the damned exhaust! Now if can finally go back onto the car!!

Nice work. Is that a modification of the pump from SNG, something you fabricated from scratch, or something else?

Fabrication from scratch. It’s not from SNG it’s a great aftermarket updated high pressure pump quiet and efficient . I’m running the emerald FI kit with Mangoletsi manifold and Jenvey throttle bodies and didn’t like running a swirl pot and 2 fuel pumps wanted to clean it up, i also wanted to get rid of all that hot fuel plumbing under the bonnet.

Duh, fuel injection…my mistake. Our boat has twin diesels that recirculate from a 300 gallon tank under the bed in the aft cabin. The mattress gets pretty toasty after a long run…nice when it’s cold outside…not so much when it’s hot.

Very nice fabrication in any case.

Can you provide details of that pump please? Also I do recommend that you fit an auto fuel pump cut off switch, like those fitted to XJS. whereby the pump is isolated if the car receives impact or is rolled. Once I installed FI I became paranoid about the high pressure fuel lines in an old car. Please also advise your insurance company of the mods you have made. My insurance didn’t have any issues but I didn’t want to find out ‘after the event’
Best regards
Phil D.

1 Like