What did you do to your E-Type today? (Part 1)

Like Paul, I don’t see it either.

I’m missing it, too, also, as well (is that 20?)

follow the direction of the printed word “fuses” upside down and right under the two meters but above the switches. Right next to Waldo.

No hints …yet. Check your car, you may have one too.

Ah, found it.

For those who don’t know you can click on the picture and you get a version of the picture that allows a download. Do that and you can generally enlarge it.

Just below the fuel gauge ?
Mine was fixed to the firewall in the engine bay.

My 73 came that way too, assumed it was a S3 thing…
Cheers,
Lynn

1 Like

Fitted my Frames.
Paint shop told me the shell is now finished so arranged to visit and fit the waxoyled front frames. I have a well worn 5/16 unf tap for thread cleaning. As these frames had previously been fitted all aligned with minimal fuss.

1 Like

Leaving all fixings loose until all frames connected is key, oh and don’t forget the frame shims at the end of the engine frames.I am using a modified S2 picture frame, as I don’t require the fan mounting bracket. Bolts assembled with a splodge of copper slip.

Uploading: CIMG8443.JPG…

1 Like

Really cool project. Was that extra reinforced rear stabilizer bracket a feature on all the lightweights or just something you thought would be prudent?

Erica, I seen it many years ago on a Mod Sport Racer and thought that looks sensible. Not a feature of LWE’s

It’s a good enhancement. I’ve seen a bunch of deformed stabilizer mounts. I suspect most are just due to being incorrectly adjusted but it’s a well known weakness and surprising to me that they designed it that way.

Sorry the bulkhead strengthener is a feature of all LWE’s. I read incorrectly and thought you were referring to the picture frame. Must pay more attention was what my teacher said and she was correct, still.

1 Like

I haven’t. I have seen the bulkhead broken and the stabiliser mount just fine. On mine.

Yes that’s what I was referring to. The bulkhead bends. This design would make that much less likely.

After two years and 3 months the painted shell is now home, let the festivities begin…

4 Likes

Hey Pat,
This is just AWESOME. CONGRATS.
Regards
Chris
Cape Town

Awesome lawn art. How does one go about getting glass for something like this? Does it have to be custom fabricated or does Pilkington have a form for this?

1 Like

Pilkington provide front screen, which is heated, the remainder is perspex.

1 Like

Absolutely gorgeous. And now the real fun begins! Congrats on getting her home. Looks like a fun winter project.

1 Like