What did you do to your saloon today?

Again technically no Saloon, but a MKV, I was supposed to MOT the car last Wednesday, but had some brake issues. :frowning_face: Sooo I finally figured out why the RH rear slave handbrake mechanism was jamming. The shoes had been 180 deg wrong way since 2007! They are MKVIII drums and backplates and slaves installed by an English workshop.

The bad news was that as it was dragging and also limiting the hydraulic action, also the pistons were stuck! :frowning: Soooo once I had that all sorted out I needed to bleed the brakes, better also flush and replace all brake fluid, everything else was ok, but of course the LH front slave bleed nipple broke off! :frowning_face:

So by the time I had removed that slave, drilled off the nipple screw, found a replacement for it (about three hours of going through boxes of old parts) and refitted everything it was Friday and once I found the source of DPO electrics shorting and blowing the main fuse randomly (steel wire used as a cable tie on the RH torsion bar) It was Saturday and now it does not look like I will be driving to the MOT station any time soon with the old borrowed summer Pirelli Cinturatos?

But now we have light and brakes! :+1:

Cheers!

3 Likes