What is this - AC Belt removal

Note that this particular item was added to the cruise control in a recall. So perhaps when you removed the cruise control, it wasn’t obvious that this was part of it.

BTW, that solenoid is just the ticket for fixing the fuel tank vent scheme. Install it in parallel to the Rochester valve using some tees. Connect it to open when the ignition is on.

Colin,
The vacuum diagrams are on the underside of the hood (bonnet).

Paul

wth??? First I heard of this … does that even inc. the '92 5.3 facelifts? btw, is it a rubber hose, or an actual metal pipe? Sometimes Jag likes to call a “pipe” what we would call a “hose” in the U.S. :crazy_face: Why can’t you just disconnect it at both ends and then yank on one end to slowly slide the thing out? :confused:

It’s a metal pipe. Short of cutting it apart, I don’t know how you’d get it out.

I found some photos online. My hood is removed from the car and on the ground, so I can’t look under it

Speaking of which, I had started a separate thread on this related topic but never received any responses. :frowning_face: With my hood liner on Superblack sagging badly in spots, is there any issue if I just remove it, other than maybe the engine might sound a bit louder w/o all the insulation? :confused: Later on, I can always replace it with one of those aluminum foil-type aftermarket ones …