What is this free tube

Searching why my new a/c system made water on the passenger’s feet (there essere only dirty in the tube) i taken away the cover on the legs…and I find this free tube

What is this?

1 Like

Move the carpet a bit further and you MIGHT fight the other end that has become detached!

This might be one of the AC drain tubes, there is one on the other side of the tunnel too. They pass from the evaporator down alongside the transmission tunnel and finally through a grommet in the floor to the outside (under) of the car. As yours is detached, it will drain onto the passenger or drivers footwell.

Other possibility is that it could be a vacuum line that has detached from the heater box. This vacuum controls heat/cold distribution/blending.

I checked if It drains but nothing…i solved that problem with a clean…maybe It is the second solution

Max …

It’s one of the vacuum lines for your climate control. It operates the center vent flap that only opens when air conditioning is selected.

This diagram is for a Series III Jaguar but I believe the color codes are the same for the XJ40.

Although the green line is labeled “to lower flap actuator (floor vents)” It actually controls the dash top demisters as correctly shown. The floor vents are controlled by the lower blend door inside the evaporator housing.

The blue line controls the flaps on the 2 blower motors assemblies that select exterior or interior (recirculation) air,

Depending on the year of your car it may not have a water valve.

The vacuum reservoir is located under your battery tray in the engine bay.

In your picture you can see your a/c drain tube located just above the black vacuum line. Its black rubber an much larger.

Ok…but the a/c works now…strange!

“Ok…but the a/c works now” … ?

Did I miss something in your post?

Was It not working before or did it start working after you reconnected the black vacuum line. If that’s what happened it makes sense because the center vent is now open and allowing cold airflow into the cabin.

A/c works in this car…the only problem was the drain near feet but It was dirty in the tube …serching this Lost i found this free tube…maybe It is for hot? It doesn’t work