What mine would have looked like if

What mine would have looked like if I had had not switched to Gunmetal / Biscuit from Silver / Russet

Those covered headlights look great there too

2 Likes

Gun metal is a great color, I think you did right. Not so sure about the biscuit interior, but could be great, once seen live.
Those covered headlights look like nothing I’ve seen before. Would be interesting to know the origin.
Mine are from Marek in the UK, but these are different. Dare I say better looking ?

1 Like

A I used the Monocoque Restoration sheetmetal and the original series 1 hardware

1 Like

Very nice indeed. Adding … 20

I see that Chip Foose has decided to graft in S1 fender into his current E-type project.

The car started out as a S3, if I remember correctly, so the sheetmetal obviously doesn’t line up at all around the headlamps.

It will be interesting to see how they tie the lines of the sheetmetal back together, and see why they use to cover the headlamps. I’m not a fan of Foose’s style, but you have to admire his skills. image

1 Like

I’m a fan of Foose. I don’t always agree with what he does, but that is often dictated by his customers.
Not being in his league, I can only comment as a hobby sheet metal basher - and I am impressed.
Surely he had the nerve to replace the V12 with a Chevy unit, but I believe that was dictated by a customer as well.