What Parts would be useful for XK owners from a wrecked MKVII?

Tony,
The MkVII rimbellishers will fit, at least, XK140 wheels.
If you also have any of the three fasteners holding each Rimbellisher to the wheel, don’t loose them, they are difficult to find.

1 Like

Is there any Woodwork worth saving I am interested? Thank You, Jim.

Yes, very good MK7 wood.

I replied to your message via PM, but it appears PMs are affected as well as photos, as I cant see my sent reply, did you get it

how are the rim embellishers clips detached (so I dont lose or damage them) ?

your picture (which has only just now appeared), also answers some of my “light” questions

I have several sets of headlights, fog lamps, marker lamps, and amber indicator? lights
that appear identical to yours

Also have headlights that have 3 “spokes” radiating out from the central “J” maybe they are XK120?

Also have one that is different to both, more elaborate, of the '51, but it certainly needs resilvering on the inside reflector, various rear lights also

I will shortly make a long list in the “classifieds”, with photos

Sorry to pollute the XK list with Saloon stuff, but as I have found out, many parts are interchangeable, and without the expert knowledge on this forum, I dont know which, and have only limited time to save them

Matthew, the Mark VII brake parts are not exactly the same, but may be close enough that you could use them as is or modify them to fit.
Tony, the red circle is Mark V, and the green circle I have seen on late 120, though I can’t say if it is correct or not. The yellow circle may be for pre-war SS, I’ll do some research, and if so I would like to get it.

Thanks Rob, if you go here, there are close ups of that mirror you are interested in, shows the mounting foot in detail which will be a give away

Can you please help me identify these Saloon rear view mirrors ?..maybe XK or pre-XK - Saloons - Jag-lovers Forums

The red circled one is definitely of a MKVII, presumably the MKV is the same

I have people interested in it, one is a MK4 owner, another has a XK120, who sent me dimensions…this one seems slightly larger than the dimensions in Urs book

The one you identified as XK120, is shown on Internet/Amazon as variously correct for XK120/140/150.

I assume there were variations in the exactly correct mirror over the duration of those models

I will send you a PM about something else (which you will like), but also to test whether PMs are working, which they seemed not to be, if you could reply that would be appreciated

never sent so many PMs in all my time on JL and the PM system appeared to decide to croak today !

1 Like

A-HA!!!

Now we know why…:grimacing:

Bro, as I know ur awake, do you mind if I send you a quick PM, and you reply quickly

I sure will be pissed if all those PMs I sent didnt get through (which appears to be the case)

Ok the yellow circle is not SS after all.
The red circle is either C2695 for Mark V or C4645 for Mark VII.
Tomorrow I’ll measure the one from my Mark V and let you know.

Mirror C.2695 for Mark V measures 5-7/8" x 2-5/16" (149 mm x 57 or 58 mm).
The bathtub shape on the back is offset, not centered.
The stem height is 2-11/16" (67 mm) to the ball center.
Screw hole spacing 1-1/4" (32 mm).

Tony,
The three Rimbellisher fasteners pass through the three slots in each wheel, and can only be seen from the back side of the wheel, so just look at the back of the wheel and you should see them.
There are two types of fastener, here is what one type, made by ACE, looks like.

To remove, just use a slotted screwdriver to unscrew each screw head, one end of the fastener is hooked to the Rimbellisher, the other end hooks over an edge of the wheel slot.
The fog lamps shown in my first picture are the Lucas PFT576, which, I think, are identical to those used in the Mk7, and probably many other British cars.

I believe that XK120 never had an extendable mirror like the one ringed in green. That came with the 140 I think, or maybe 150.
Chris

so these rear lights are a confusing issue

from a '51 MK7…they changed on later years and then I think match an XK140

do they fit any XK ?

( I am adding some more light and other parts pics)

shows later tailights and early and late headlights…which ones fit which XK ?

Is that a later horn that fits XK ?

(I sold an ornate '51 Horn set for a stupidly low price recently)

every item is for sale, hit me up for any item you want for your XK and we will see if it fits

there is stacks more that will be added to my “classified”

…all takes time though

Tony I am chasing some chassis bits the curved bit up over back axle ie bit on photo
I need the one on LH side.
I can organise from freight
Thanks terry
Western Australia

Hi, Terry, I sent you a long PM, but it isnt showing on my list for some unknown reason.

Could you let me know if you received it thanks ?

Tony,

The Horn is the Lucas HF1748 used on the XK 140 and 150. There must be a brass type plate at the back side with the exact number and whether it’s the High Note or Low Note version.

Bob K.

Recieved ok and just read could ou call me or provide your tel number regards terry

The round red tail lights are the same as XK120, other than the rubber shroud.
The oblong tail lights are the same as XK140 and early XK150.
The round amber light was not used on XK120. Possibly on the front of XK140 but I’m not certain about that, it may be smaller, and the rubber shroud was only used on Mark VII.

IMG_1606-crop

I dont know what this switch is for, or whether it fits an XK, or is even a correct Jaguar item ?

It has clear plastic switch actuator that is cut at multi-faceted angles, (like a diamond)

currently residing in a '55MKVIIM

Can anyone ID it ?

Overdrive switch. It may have some numbers stamped on the metal body.