What Parts would be useful for XK owners from a wrecked MKVII?

Yes, some parts are the same.
Front shock mounts, rear spring front mounts, side rails maybe, doglegs again maybe, little brackets more probably.
Lever rear shocks are similar to but not the same resistance as for XK120, don’t know if they can be adjusted.
Tube rear shock mounts maybe similar to XK140/150.

XK120

XK140

XK150

Depends on how much torch cutting you want to do and how much storage space you have.

Tony, definitely save the dog legs. These rot out ( as does much of the lower chassis). Spring hanger brackets are a bit different, but close enough, many “sections” of the frame can be cut out and re-fitted, but really as Rob said, depends on how much storage and cutting you want to do. Some photos of my “rust free” (according to seller) chassis and some MK7 donor pieces.
Dave.

Thanks Gents,

I have to cut it up to get rid of it anyway, so I may as well see if anyone in Australia wants it first

The one I saw advertised said it may be “useful for a lightweight E-type” builder,
which I found a bit perplexing ??

At the least, I can keep the two legs for a while,

The chassis can be fairly easily cut with an angle grinder & reciprocating saw, no torch needed

I have already excised a pair of doglegs, which I had to do before the body was removed from one car, that wasnt much fun. It had the early shock mounts, and a cross -member that isnt shown in the MK7 manual

I saw an Ebay listing that said the early rear shocks fit MKIV and MKV, is this true?
It also said (incorrectly), that they fit MKVIII and MIX

Glad to have so many experts onboard that can give accurate info

I am driven nuts, as I have a couple of complete early “pointy” Mannettes, that have the same part number as XK120, I cannot find them anywhere, even though I had them inside to photograph, along with steering wheels

The later “flat” mannete I have also, but it has a different part number than the XK140, I will have to check if it the same part num as a late XK120…as per a recent thread on this list was discussing

These look like the front ashtrays used on superior classic (1960s) Mini models like Super Deluxe, Cooper, Riley Elf & Wolseley Hornet. BMC p/n 24A 1538. Perhaps a generic item used by more than one car manufacturer?
Chris T.
Classic Mini superior ashtray

1 Like

True, they fit. I do not know if they are the same resistance or damping value. Maybe can be adjusted, or one could say better than nothing.

I reckon they would be adequate, as Saloon weights would be similar, not so much for a XK120

I will place a picture in the “Early Saloon” list to check dimensions

This fuel pump and another the same came out of a '55MKVIIM, it still works

However I cant identify what sort it is, has no obvious model number

They may be later models inserted, they are both the same

Does anyone recognise this pump as one that came in a mid 50s XK or other Jag ?

Tony, its nothing 1950s Jaguar, that always used one or two LCS SU fuel pumps (XK or Saloon) and its nothing 1960s Jaguar that initially continued with LCS then changed over to later AUF series fuel pumps… You say no markings at all??? not even SU ? If no markings at all its some knock-off, so anyones guess…

1 Like

Hi Tony,

Give this a go: akd_4792a.pdf (256.2 KB).

There are SU documents that will tell you which cars had which pumps.

Looks like a LP/HP type. There are rebuild docs out there for all types. See this page: Fuel Pumps.

Regards,
Clive.

Take it back being an LP/HP type. Doesn’t look like any SU I can find, nor any clones listed here: SU Fuel pump clones | Jaguar XK 140 FHC Part & Assembly Information.

If I were to guess, it looks like it has same inlet/outlet positions and mounting points as the AUF 300 series, a common SU pump fitted to many cars in the 60s. So clone of AUF 300?

Regards,
Clive.

1 Like

Thanks Roger & Clive

Although it has Inlet and Outlet & Top cast upon it there is no other marks

The odd thing is its a minimum of 25 years old, has a capacitor inside

I have read on this forum of older German made SU replica pumps

I have AU303 in my 420G and one has stopped working

As this one still works guess I will just keep it as a spare

I know it is not XK, but the fuel pumps I removed from a '55 MKVIIM that are a minimum of 25 years old are both now working

They must have been a fair bit older than 25 yrs as the points were substantially eroded, so they must have been used a fair bit to get like that

The 1st one worked as soon as I filed the points flat, the other I found bi-metallic corrosion from a metal washer improperly placed instead of the fibre one, this allowed a vacuum leak on the intake, filed that flat, sealed with Permatex, primed her up and it pumped fine.

I temporarily placed an 1N4001 diode which I had a pack of across the terminals and it completely suppressed all visual spark from the points.
The diode is oriented for - earth

It appears the SU rebuild parts would fit

I will retain these as spares

I have an LCS, will see if I can get it pumping again

You need x10 magnification to see the condition of the points

Hello! I’d like to bring up a question that was part of the Thread somewhere in the beginning
Does anyone have BEES Bolts that they are interested in disposing / selling? I am definitely interested in purchasing these for a project I have. Thank you all!!!
Karl Robertson
+1 248 766 9141
robertsonpdt@comcast.net

Also, I would like to ask again… were there any Phillips Head screws used on the XK120’s? Ore were they all Flat / Straight Slotted Heads? Especially the Sheet Metal Screws! Thanks.

The only definitely original cross head screw I have found on my 120 is for the side cover on the wiper motor.

the only other 2 are the ones that hold door locks on roadster
there is one or 2 more but very rare

What size and how long?

1/4”, 5/16” any length, must be fine thread if possible. Thanks!

I should say. “I would like fine thread, if possible” Length can be shortened if necessary! Thank you.
BTW, do you have any?

kind of timely discussion on fasteners, as I am sorting thru a box of them,
the majority will be kept for a local buyer who has already paid

I was wondering about the big crosshead screws pictured that hold the front guards on a MK7 (and other things). (There is different lengths and head types)

Are any used on any XK, be odd if they weren’t

Hopefully they can be seen in the pic, next to a rear inside lamp cover.

Is that cover and lamp used on XK ?

Bonnet support bracket, steering column bakelite, special metal fastener straps to secure rear handbrake cables to axle housing, damper balance piece, rear of fuse box, power source in engine bay

wiring harness attachment box, fuse box, purple light cover, unknown light assemblies