What this part ? And where can i find one

Why bother with trying to retrofit your electronic circuit into the same form factor as the original? Those concours judges aren’t even allowed to look underneath your car, much less poke a multimeter at your electrics.

Nah, that wire is too fine to carry taillamp current. I’d just use regular 18 gauge.

Good point. On the XJ6s3, there are 2 of these sensors on the side of the dash in a rather tight space and I didn’t want to change the wiring. It’s do-able. For the 3-pin variety, there is only about 10 SMT components, incl a potentiometer for adjusting the threshold. I could have just potted a little circuit board in some hard compound and it would be fine without a little metal can (on my last job, we did extensive electronics potting). As usual, I took the lazy way out by doing the bypass.

Ron

Hello Paul
I just registered here and haven’t found how to contact you on PM. However, I’m at the end of restaurating my XJ12 III, and came across your thread. Do you still have the bulb sensors for sale?
Thanks
Robert

Robert,
Yes, I still have a bunch of these bulb failure units in a box in my garage. I will send you a Private Message (PM) via Jag-Lovers so we can work out the details.

Paul

Without opening a unit to verify, in looking back at the original photos, this is what the connections look like they are (orange/red/white) and where the broken wires go if a possible fix is to be tried … I think they are like this.

In my case the one which is described as “TOP W/L” and is slightly more away from the other two is inside the one that is connected to the long brass colored piece.
IMG_0185