What type of brush to use with Weldwood Landau adhesive for headliner install

Hi all
After reading all the positive recommendations for this adhesive, I have bought a gallon and am getting ready to install the headliner. I’ve decided to brush it on, as others have done, and am wondering what type of brushes I should use: Foam? Cheap Chinese bristle? Mid grade natural bristles or nylon?

Also did you use it right out of the gallon can or transfer to smaller container?
Thanks

I recommend cheap chinese brushes and transfer some to a smaller can.
That way it won’t evaporate so fast out of the big can and there is less to clean up when you knock over the can…

2 Likes

I would strongly second everything that Bill said…
Isn’t it nice we use names here
Mitch

And a carbon filtered air mask. And a fan blowing the fumes away from you. Your using the landau top adhesive correct.

Thanks everyone. I’ll go with cheap Chinese bristle brushes. And yes I’m using the landau contact cement. I’ll be working in the driveway with the windows open and the hatch open so hopefully I won’t get too affected by the fumes

A fan is a good suggestion: even all opened up, those fumes get bad, quickly.

Now that I read Jeff’s response…and having used a brush…but NOT on a head-liner and having done 2 headliners with FAST TACK 92 out of a 13 oz spray can ($10.25)…
I would do what Jeff says, use harbor freight PURPLE HANDLE SPRAY GUN (62300) for some $15.00…go to You Tube where one can find lots of info on using the purple handle gun…
Yep…I would spray Weldwood Landau mainly …and have a brush ready to use…if I had to.
Mitch

BTW just bought a gallon of Weldwood here in Phoenix @ Santa Barbra supplies for $27.66