What's the value of my 1967 XKE FHD 2+2 project?

It’s fairly straight but has rust. Engine’s got fire damage, but wasn’t in the car a the time of the fire. It’s near San Francisco. Really this post’s just to get me promoted to Trust Level 1 so I can run an ad.

Welcome Peter. Projects can be hard to sell and even harder to set the price.

Obviously not enough info to offer any guess, though photos would go a long way towards letting others form an opinion.

I think you are correct to try to set a price - I know I never look twice at an ad where the seller just says ‘make an offer’ - IMO any discussion begins with the seller stating what they are asking.

One way to determine a fair price is to look at what a similar sound runner would sell for… then subtract from that what the work on yours would possibly cost (body work, paint, engine rebuild, etc).

If there is any $$$ amount left after that exercise perhaps that is what you can expect it to fetch.

2 Likes

My offering if I was interested would be around $10k

here is a pic of a friend car , been that way for close to 10yrs, back then it wouldnt cost to much!
BUT today its just not worth finishing , the paint job cost more than the whole running car!

That appears to be a Series 2 FHC - if it has an engine and if the sills have been properly repaired I cannot imagine that someone would be upside down completing the restoration.

Depends how much rust really. We’d need to see a lot more photos. The range is probably 5k to maybe 20k depending on completeness and whether auto or manual.

Right you are - I saw those and was thinking S2 side lamps - but those have smaller openings.

But the picture frame doesn’t have the bracket for the “Boeing Blade” fan. So maybe a Series 1.5?

I think I see two choke cables. ZS carbs (S1½) had two - did SUs have one or two?

It’s a sad day when the only interest is what the car is worth. No restoration is worth the money in the short term.

Only one with SUs, so S1.5 looking likely, assuming all parts from the same car…

I hope someday Scotland Yard calls you to help solve a murder - the only clue being a single Jaguar part from which you must identify the precise make, model and year of the vehicle.

3 Likes

I posted an ad.
To be clear, the yellow FHC picture posted by ronbros is not mine.

1 Like

Time to (re) watch “My Cousin Vinnie”. Murder solved by identifying Posi-Trak tire patterns in the road, which led to the getaway car.

1 Like