Wheel stud layout

Anyone know the wheel stud dimensions for the xjs. I am looking at a set with the dimensions of 5 x 112.

Wheel stud dimensions are 5x120.65

This is the same as some Chevrolet wheels. I have a set of 5x120 wheels on my xjs and they fit fine. Sometimes people like to use ‘wobble nuts’ to make up for the .65 difference…

1 Like

Those of us who remain unwashed might say 5 x 4 3/4, referring to an antiquated unit of measure whose name escapes me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, what was that called again? No worries. If it gets lost, we can always find it on all that gear that was left on the moon.

2 Likes

Hahaha! Yes, but the Appolo landing computers were programmed in metric units. Distance, velocity etc. were converted to Imperial units (feet, miles etc.) for the displays that were read by astronauts. Later, a spacecraft was lost because metric/Imperial confusion. Starting about a decade ago, everything in the US space program is metric.

I’m sure you’re right about the computers. After all, that’s the computer that was famous for rebooting during descent. So why should it not be metric?

On the other hand, those mechanical things… The lunar rover, the flagpole, things that were touched by a machinist? Let’s just say that metric socket set probably wouldn’t do much good…