Where is the Windshield Fluid Going?

I have posted before on how I have been having problems with the WW fluid spraying properly. The first problem was that the left (driver’s) side headlamp washer somehow had ended up recently with the tiny nozzle missing (blown?) off the jet assembly, meaning that the fluid coming through that jet just sprayed straight up into the air, and in a very copious stream (picture “Old Faithful” in Yellowstone Park). This issue would result in the reservoir draining completely in less than 6 or so applications. :open_mouth: To head that issue off, knowing I would likely never find another headlamp washer in good condition, I pulled the fuse for the headlamp washer motor. However, that had no effect on issue #2, which is no water coming out the WW jets. Many months ago I was applying the WW when the water pressure suddenly weakened and stopped coming out either jet. :angry: The status of the problem now is that I can fill up the reservoir, and although I hear the WW motor humming as usual, no water is spraying out the WW jets. However, if I apply it many times, eventually the reservoir runs dry (but not as quickly as earlier, back before I pulled the headlamp washer fuse). The big mystery is where the fluid is going, as there is no sign of it, dripping underneath the car, etc. If it’s not coming out the WW jets or leaking onto the ground, where is it going? :astonished: Any ideas or thoughts on this are appreciated …

Sounds like the feed line to the WW jets has become blocked, or even the jets themselves, I would start at the jets and ensure that you can blow air though them then work your way back if they are clear.

If your WW hoses are failed under the wipers then they would drain into the drain tubes that lead forward and down. Those often are clogged with debris and could hold quite a bit of fluid.

Ah k! Will remove the mesh plenum and see if that’s what’s going on. I did try clearing the nozzle tips with the tip of a toothpick, but the blockage may be further back. :thinking:

My hose from the pump to the spray tips basically melted. Apparently there was a brake fluid leak at some point and it had softened the rubber to the point that it blew apart. Of course if that was the case you should see something

So a leak under the hood? Or under the nozzles?

Where did the fluid go?