Which battery to buy

What battery to install to the mk2 1967…I have searched but according to the specifications it must be 11 plates … it is correct…k I can replace it with another …?

Eleven “plates” ?? I assume you need a 12 volt battery, which means six cells. ANY good modern battery that fits the slot should do. You may want to pay attention to the orientation of the terminals, to fit your situation. The total number of plates (internal to the battery) would be a multiple of six (and certainly not eleven), but that’s surely not relevant.

Bob Frisby
Boise, Idaho

Any 12 volt automotive starting battery with appropriate terminals that fits in the spot will work. Are you in the States? I use the Group 27 battery from Costco, made by Interstate. Around $100 and they last a long time if trickled during periods of non-use. It comes in either top terminal configuration, so pay attention to where your + and - terminals are located. I like my terminals on the bulkhead side. You might have to use longer bolts for the tie-down bracket to attach to the firewall. If you want it to look more like the original, you can pull the stickers and get a Lucas one from any Jag supplier.

Ok…I got it… thanks…this part is solutioned

Whoops! That’s a group 34 on the Mk2. The group 27 is on the mk10. Sorry about that.

I fitted the biggest one that would fit !

Thanks… Ian that picture…

It’s well worth thinking about a kill switch , this battery is over 5 years old , never charged up , never on a trickle charge , and I still have a Dynamo .
Car stands for weeks on end !
No circuit no drain :+1:

20180609_044132 - Copy

I’ve read somewhere that the batteries used in the cars with stop/start are of a different construction and not suitable for ‘our’ cars.

As they are eye-wateringly expensive I don’t expect you would make that mistake but thought I’d mention it anyway.