Which Manuals to use?

Hi,

Haynes say they don’t have a full manual for a 1998 XJ8 3.2 Sovereign. What can people recommend please?

Thanks,

Rod

Rreally? No one able to say what they use?

The JTIS CD’s are really the only viable source of repair information as far as I know. I’ve read that Jaguar forbids other publishers from creating repair manuals for modern-era Jags (only reprints of original Jaguar manuals such as the Bentley E-type books.)

Originally all the JTIS manual copies were bootlegs, but I seem to recall JHT now sells them for X308? Not sure about that. It also may be that some people have created PDF’s from the JTIS manuals, but you’d have to search for those and beware they might be against copyright.

Since I worked at the Jaguar Dealer (until 2006) and have all the info UP TO about 2006 MY Jaguars I just use all the info I collected when I was there. There are also Student Training Guides from attending training classes. People don’t like JTIS because it assumes all dealer techs have been to training classes for the relevant repair procedures. It is NOT a DIY repair manual.

It is what we used until ALL repair procedures were moved to the internet with access to those with a ‘username’ and ‘password’.

JTIS 20 was the LAST repair manual CD offered that did not ‘time-out’ with an expiration date. JTIS 21 will work if the computer date is set to before something like January 2005 or 2006 (I forget the date).

You might find a ‘bootleg’ or ‘hacked’ version of JTIS 21 that has no expiration.

I just use my old copy of JTIS 20 and it still works fine on all my computers.

bob

1 Like