Which series is this Dash?

It had 2 long air vents on the underside not the standard 5.

To the best of my knowledge, the slot in the center vent is there to allow the rear view mirror mounting stalk to pass thru the dash top. That being said, it would be a Series 1 dash.

I’m not seeing the difference (the 2 long vents).

Didn’t all OTS’ have that slot?

You may be right. I did a quick google for S2 OTS and did see the rear view mirror stalk mount. I wonder if the coupe’s dash top also has the slot but covered with the upholstery.

James, my Series 1 3.8 OTS (1963) has 2 long vents and a shorter one in the middle and my '65 has 5 smaller vents. Hope this helps.
IMG_0915
IMG_0916

Interesting my 64 has the 5 vents. It also has 4.2 style interior so I guess they changed the dash at the same time.

Yes, that must be the case. The '65 is very early also (Oct '64) and still has some 3.8 features. I have no reason to believe either car has been changed but, who knows! A lot to learn yet!

Your top version is what my November 1962 production date car had.

1 Like

Yeah that’s the info I wanted thanks, series one was a lot flatter too, a thin 3-5mm almost dynamat material as a base before the leatherette cover. A little bit of dachron to soften the edges but the series which came after had the fuller/ rounded fronts which dressed the glovebox and speedo. Much appreciated.

I do have a cover for the series one pictured which I peeled off in one piece should anybody want it? Just needs a wipe over. I had to build up the original dash with filler to have it scanned for moving forwards so the cover won’t be going back on said dash.

I much prefer the series one with the profile coming from the underside of the metal and only being build up aposed to the ‘65 having the rounded foamed edge

Why did you need to have it scanned …I don’t understand?

Hi Frank
My '65 roadster is also an Oct '64 production. #10083.
Does your car have double identification plates (one on top of the other) with the gearbox lube line cut out of the top plate?
Jack

Hi Jack,
Yes, it has the double ID plate. #10146.
Frank.

I filled the front face of the dash where it was uneven and will be being scanned so that they are uniform and as they will be produced in number. I’d like them all to be uniform, the foam insert and moulded cover previously used wasn’t a very good look/not well moulded.

1 Like