Who Dares Wins!

As proven by these two intrepid explorers.

Nice buy!!

1 Like

Near as I could understand them, it seems to be two guys from Holland, flying over to London, picking up a LHD 120 OTS in a basement garage which I presume they bought from an old lady, and driving it back through the tunnel to France, Belgium and Holland. They are really enjoying it.
Looks like it is Pastel Green Metallic with dark red interior.

Brings back my point of anguish. Mine was originally PGM, but has been Red for at least 5 maybe 6 decades or longer. I like Red and I like PGM. So I’m in a quandary. But I have three other projects to finish before I think about doing the 120. :anguished:

1 Like

Rob,

Your Dutch is apparently improving… I’m afraid they didn’t attend all their English lessons at school, but still…
The only other thing I noticed is that they didn’t know how to switch off the high beam headlights.

Bob K.

Great stuff!! Do like a road trip

I have done a few road trips like this, heading off blind to pick up an ebay purchase not knowing how to get there and whether I will make it back!

I have always got back but I have had plenty of scrapes along the way!

I bought a Mercedes 200T 1982 for £200 that was abandoned behind a Social Club on the Isle of Wight. Took me all day to get their from Boston, trains, then a trip across London and 2 Ferries. The car was great on the way back though, cruised at 90mph all the way. That got restored.

A 1976 850cc Renault 4 L from Brive to Boston for £150. I fitted new points and it ran perfectly the 750 mile trip via Brugge. It was lacking in the floors department. It now lives in Gothenburg.

A 1962 Mercedes 220 SE coupe from a dodgy auction house operating from a racecourse in Esher to Boston for £2,000. 3 out of the 4 gears worked, the injection linkage ended up being a zip tie. Terrible car that had been awfully plated up. I have had some lovely Coupes since.

A hand pink 1978 Citroen CX safari 2.4i auto for £70 from Somerset to Colchester for £70. My partner in crime shorted out the charging circuit by fitted a radio from the dash box light whilst we were on the motorway! Ended up sleeping the night in that one and nearly froze to death!

A 2l 1982 Citroen CX saloon fof £200 from South France to Boston. Ran out of fuel every 100 miles! Figured out the filler tube in the tank had dropped off. Made about 10 petrol stops on the way back to England. Took ages to get back. Was a superb car when it was fixed though!

With an old car you dont know that cost nothing, anything can happen!

1 Like