Why am'I out of the Mailing list?

Hi listers
Sorry for disturbing you but since the new website is online, I do not receive any email from the list?
Can someone teach me how to get again in the loop?
Best regards
Herve

Herve,

See here:

Guides are in:

I’m having the opposite problem… I’m receiving everything (all lists) instead of just the eType listings,
LLoyd

Lloyd,

You need to mute all the categories you don’t want in the digests.

Here is the user guide:

Here is a video with appropriate waving of hands:

I did that i.e. muted all the categories I did not want, but I am receiving each individual posting as well as the digest at the end of the day (or there abouts). Can I just get the digest and not the individual emails?

Very much appreciate your going through this setting it all up and hand holding us for the set-up.

Thanks Cliff

Cliff,

Those are the notification mails. Here is a guide about them:

I got through the part about muting the categories I did not want, but I cannot find the place to enable the user preferences. The instructions say “Still within your preferences find the …” Where are the “preferences”? When I click on my user symbol in the top right there is no entry for Mailing list mode.

Sorry for being so inept. I just could not find this item to select.

Thanks for helping us all out.

Cliff

Andrew, Interesting this has come up. I did the mute thing with a number of the categories. when I go to the list of categories, the ones I muted do indicate that but when I go to my preferences, there are no categories listed as muted. Somewhere on the process my muted selections that are indicated when I click the hamburger and select them per your instructions, that selection isn’t being recorded in my preferences. What do I do now?

Dave Reinke

Dave,

Did you, by any chance, oversee the one small crucial step which makes all the difference?

When you have changed these settings scroll up (or down) and save your settings by clicking on the Save Changes button:

Andrew:

I’m pretty sure I did what I thought I was supposed to have done. Just checked the site this morning for what “the computer” has for my preferences. Under the heading of Email, it says “never”, and the first three boxes are checked: 1) Include excerpt, 2) send me an email when someone messages me and 3) Send me an email when someone quotes me…

Under the Mailing List mode selection, the “Enable mailing list mode” box is checked and the message “Send daily updates” shows up in the box.

I believe these are the right options and I am assuming these choices are the ones saved in my profile, since that is what is reported back. Might be that I just didn’t give the site wnough time to clear out the previous emails and update the preferences. I will watch it for the next few days and see if the feature about once daily is actually enabled.

Best Regards,

Cliff

Clifford,

I see you have "Send me an email when someone quotes me, replies to my post, mentions my @username, or invites me to a topic " checked.

This applies over and above the digest mode. Because this message is a reply to you then the system will send this as a separate reply directly to your email. You will also see it again in the digest mail.

Andrew:

Thanks much for the info. I’ll watch it for a few days and see if this a good set of settings & tweak if necessary.

Cliff

Andrew, I did save the mute preferences. Just in case something went wrong, I went back and removed all the muted selections, saved it and then went back in and muted the categories again and saved the selection again. This time it worked and my muted selections show up in my preferences. I don’t understand but problem solved.

Dave

A post was split to a new topic: Driveshaft flange nuts

Not sure if I sent this to the right place, but I have a 1953 preservation class XK120 DHC and unfortunately, the original radiator cap on the vehicle does not seal any more. I wondered if anyone knows anyone that can rebuild a radiator cap?

Hi Andrew
Thanks for your help. Pity the instructions on the website are not clear.
I subscribed to the Digest but am getting individual messages instead.
I went back and unchecked everything under “Email” and will wait and see whether that works.
Regards
John Elmgreen

Dear Andrew
I am now getting some messages individually - but not the daily Digest so far.
The only place I could see in my “Preferences” to chose the list I want to subscribe to was in “Categories” “Watched” where I chose “XK”.
Is there something else I should have done?
I can certainly see the potential in the new format! I started XK-Lovers (outside Jag Lovers) way back in 1996 …
Regards
John Elmgreen

John,

The digest mail only goes out once a day. The other mails only go out when someone posts on a topic you are watching.

patience grasshopper, patience…

Hi Andrew
But I don’t want the other mails - just the Digest!
Regards
John E