Will 1994 jaguar lattice xjs wheel fit on 1985 jaguar xjs?

will 1994 jaguar lattice xjs wheel fit on 1985 jaguar xjs ?

If the lattice wheels are from an XJS then the bolt patterns are the same.
The 85 wheel are 15" and the 94 is probably 16".
Offset and tire clearance may be an issue.

Yes, they will fit. Note, however, that later cars came with a spacer in the steering rack that limited rack travel. This was presumably to prevent tire rubbing at full lock with later, wider tires/wheels. If you just don’t turn it to full lock, you’ll never know the difference.

Actually, the '94s (and I think '95-'96 as well) are 15", if they are the “basic” lattice wheel (or that star wheel, as I call them, made for '95-'96s). Jag did make an optional 16" wheel for those MYs, but they are pretty rare, apparently. :confused:

My MY 95 has 16 inch. Factory spec for 95 and for 96.

94 had both 15 and 16

Nearly all the 94s I’ve seen had the 16" Diamond Turned Five Spoke.
The only 15" wheels I’ve seen were on pre 94.

Completely the opposite experience here, Equip … Nearly all '94s (like Superblue) that I have seen have the (15") OEM lattices on them. Have seen a few though that “upgraded” to the 16" five-spoke wheels (which are the ones I call “star”). :slightly_smiling_face:

I was thinking Supercat, my '95 (R.I.P.), which had the five-spokes, were 15", but will take your word for it, JimdanD. My mind is so frizzled anymore … on a GOOD note, I’m finally over my 3-week ordeal with Covid (likely Omicron) … tested negative yesterday … :partying_face:

My observations come from my years as a Jaguar mechanic.
That’s not a ‘be all end all’ fact, just an observation of hundreds of XJSs.

ATTYDA:

Glad to hear that yoou are well again. All three shots and got it anyway!!!

Wheels. My 83 XJ wuzza 6 wears 15" lattice wheels . I like them a lot. So by extrapolation the answer to the original post, is yes! particularly, if they are 15’s. And as others have opined, 16’s work also.

teh other XJS wheels are knowna s stars, I think. I like them a bit less. just a matter of opinion, no mpore, no ess.

Thanks so much

I think the wheels on my 95 coupe are called Turbines. Definitely uses 16 inch tires. Took me a year or 2 to come around to the turbines. Like them better than the starfish.

Quick trip through buying on-line tires will indicate what size tire for which year XJS.

Jim, 1995 6L V12 must have had the “turbines” from the factory. If it didn’t when you bought yours second-hand, a PO is the guilty-party.

Here, about 1 year ago we discussed the same topic and I provided some screenshots from the Jaguar literature introducing MY 1994 and MY 1995

To summarize - all V12s from the facelift generation had 16" (two different styles for 1994 and 1995), but the 6-bangers, at least in 1994 were still shipped with 15" wheels.

1 Like

And to answer @lashjag 's question - any facelift wheel, 15 or 16 will bolt straight on to your 1985.

And, as I have done with mine, XK8 revolver wheels are almost a bolt-on upgrade to 17" wheels, allowing one to shop a much larger selection of tires (in year 2022).

Details:

Yep Steve. Mine (95) is Turbines. Came to me that way from original owner. I like them, although wire wheels look good. But I would hate to clean wires

And if they are true wires, with adjusting/tuning…jeez, forget that. Had those on my MGB back in the day

I remember your posts about the XK8 wheels. And they look good in addition to expanding your tire options

I guess so … Have to admit I’ve maybe only seen a handful of them since I began owning one … I don’t know why they are so scarce in the DFW area … In fact, last time I even saw one on the roads here was a faded-red pre-facelift that was parking from time to time in front of a compounding pharmacy here, which was probably 5+ years ago. And then, it was gone … :frowning_face:

Wow - Equip I never knew you were a Jag tech … :cool: When/where was this dealership?

Thanks, Carl … but no vaccinations here :syringe: :blush: Which, that fact + my pre-existings, it was a miracle I made it through at home – thankfully I somehow avoided the respiratory or real high body temp aspects of the virus … :relieved:

And just to add to the info. here, Superblack, my '92 face-lift 5.3, has the 15" lattice wheels on her as well, which I presume are OEM.