Will 5 Speed Conversion decrease value of car?

Australian gallons, =Imperial

Plus, he was probably driving downhill both ways.

Well, certainly upside down (looking at my globe) and goodness knows how that affects mileage.

There is the little issue of lower RPM causing less friction. Not sure it
would be measurable outside a lab.
pauls

In Australia we are in the 21st century and use Litres and have done so since 1973.When my E type was built in 1966, we then used real proper Imperial Gallons, and not USA gallons.So when I said I regular achieved 29 to 30 mpg on Canberra to Melbourne trip, that was of course proper Imperial Gallons with a speedo reading in mph and not km/h as they all do now.
Given a USA gallon is some 17% smaller than an Imperial Gallon, my 29 to 30 mpg equates to 24-25 miles per USA gallon so I wasn’t splitting straws given the claim I responded to was that a standard 4 speed gearbox E type couldn’t achieve 18 mpg, thus justifying fitting a five speed gearbox that apparently can achieve 18 mpg. Thus my comment - something seriously wrong with any (4.2) E type that can’t get 18 mpg, but then I was advised, the thirsty car was a V12 - problem solved, or rather explained as I don’t think anything will allow a V12 E type to get 30 mpg, apart from maybe a ride behind a tow rope.
PS.
Our maps of the world show Australia on top, and Europe/Usa on the bottom (LOL)

One way I guess.
Canberra is at 1000 metres, Melbourne at sea level, so downhill one way over the 650 km distance.
But then when I drove home, it was up hill
Roger

I was kidding, Roger. Poor attempt at humor on my part.

We must be married to the same woman. I am shopping for a series III, and am willing to pay top dollar for a “done” car. I can no longer drive a stick. An OD auto trans (that didn’t modify the tunnel) would not be negative IMO, if the original trans was included.

That said, I have a completely original 1960 Corvette with a 2 speed powerglide. Im never going to change it. I love driving it.

Mark,
Totally happy with a bit of humour - didn’t see your comment as anything else.
Roger

Not that hard to find. Trick is to no where to look, call me 917 544 3124. Thanks.