Window switches

Yes, very important to know that your system works before you start messing with it!

Bob:

Might I suggest that yoou clean the “new” used switch before installing it?

Save more ire…

Carl

Carl, thank you, good idea!

Hi, just an update on how things went with repairs to my window switches.

The new (2nd hand ones) arrived and I thought, great I’ll get this done really quickly. Ha ha :cry:. If you guys have a low opinion of my mechanical skills you have seen nothing yet with my electrical skills :joy:.

I replaced what I thought was the dud switch and hey presto, I lost more switches than before. After a few attempts and some scary smoke and the unmistakable smell of burning cables, I thought that it was best to call in professional help.

Enter the very able Lance, a young South African guy who quickly diagnosed my problem.

There was a lot more going on than I realised. Although a couple of the switches operated their respective windows and would therefore escape any critical attention, they had failed on the connections to other switches. I would never in a million years have figured out what took Lance 45 minutes to fix.

He basically rewired some of the switches so that power was reconnected to the ones that weren’t working and the circuit was complete again.

I haven’t got the bill yet but whatever it is I know that I would never have fixed the issue.

Anyway, all is now fixed and back to normal (plus I have a guy that I can turn to in case of further electrical problems).

Regards

Bob

Wise move at some stage, Robert - car electrics is a profession for a reason; somewhere close to black magic…:slight_smile:

Frank
xj6 85 Sov Europe (UK/NZ)

Frank, it’s a wise man that knows his limitations!

Second that, Robert…:slight_smile:

Frank
xj6 85 Sov Europe (UK/NZ)

Aye, we miss Sparx. Our resident auto electrics genius.