Windscreen glazing rubber

I am having trouble finding a current supplier of glazing rubber.
The type I am referring to is a flat uncured rubber that grips the glass into the chrome frame , and also used for the side window to hold the winder slides on . It operates by being dipped in kero or diesel and being pushedinto the channel by the glass. The kero or diesel makes the rubber expand and grip the glass, This is the original method. In the past it was fairly easy to obtain . I tried Paul Beck’s rubber and it may have worked on straight edges but won’t bend around the corners such as SS , Mk IV , V windscreens
I don’t want to use sikaflex or similar.

Does any one know of a current supplier.

Ed,

Try Googling “Glass Setting Tape” to find a local supplier. I would guess that Scott’s old auto rubber in Oz would either have it, or know where to get it.

It comes in a roll, in various widths and thicknesses. Getting the right thickness is the trick.

I have used electrician’s self amalgamating tape on NDV windows in the past.

Hi Ed,. I’ve got a roll of the self amalgamating tape if you want to try that option. I work in Balwyn so I’m only up the road from you. Yours for the cost of picking it up.

Cheers, Jon.

Jon

Thank you , I’d love to have a look at it. I’m in East Kew , [ or Far Kew as call it here] so only a couple of minutes away .

Hi Ed,

I thought I had sent a PM to you, but when I happened to open this topic again, I found it still in ‘Draft’ form.

Apologies for that…

I will bring the tape with me to work and give me a ring when it suits for you to pick it up (If you still need/want it)

Cheers, Jon. 0425777870