Windscreen washer bottle plastic pick up melting in windscreen washer liquid containing spirits

Hi guys,

In my 63 XKE FHC project have experienced that the plastic «pick-up» in the glass container have melted in the washing liquid.

It is the Lucas part number C17004

Have anybody Else den this?

I have filled it with fairly normal Norwegian liquid mixed to take down to -18 degrees C

If I understand your question correctly, it seems you can cut the cost in half by getting just the Electric Washer Bottle, new top and pick-up only.

Yes the original pickup impeller housing plastic was of dubious quality and falls apart when submerged in conventional screen washing fluid. I have no idea if the replacements are any better. The PO of my car tried to stabilize it by globbing epoxy all over the outside of it. It worked but was ugly. A better solution might be to remove it and let it sit. Hopefully it firms up. If you can figure out how to then split it open at the seam, you could 3d print a replacement. I found a NOS one years ago and simply never fill it.

Everything is Brand new, but the plastic thing inside the glass is melted….

I will claim warranty from SNG Barratt Ltd then

Thanks

Ove A

tor. 26. mai 2022 kl. 21:18 skrev Craig Balzer via Jag-lovers Forums <noreply@jag-lovers.com>: