Windscreen washer tubing routing

I have a 69 2 plus 2 auto that PO didn’t have the washer installed. I got all the parts except the T tube from SNG. The wiring seems to be there n intact. Question- anyone know how the tubing is routed? In my 68 OTS it goes right to the cowl to the jets. In the series 2 the jets are on the hood so they have to be routed quite circuitously from the firewall to the end of the hood. I did get the 6 tube clamps.

In general it runs along the upper right engine frame tube, crosses over to the radiator tied to the support strap that ties the radiator to the picture frame. From there it drops down to become attached to the bonnet and runs along the bonnet to the squirter.

the attached pictures might be of assistance.

This is a duplicate of the last picture in which I’ve highlighted where the tubing that you can’t see in the picture goes. There are little metal clips, sorry I don’t have the part number, the holds the tubing in place.

Another that kind of clarifies the bonnet routing

And just so you know… that scenic route for the tubing is only on the 2+2. SWB Series 2 still have the squirters on the cowl.

Edit: Or at least I thought so until I saw that John’s is a FHC. Now I’m confused.

The pictures are from my old 69 2+2.

1 Like

I wonder why they did that ….any ideas?

My understanding is that the on Series II 2+2, the rake of the windscreen was increased. This took up most of the room on the bulkhead top panel. The lack of space meant the windscreen fluid nozzles had to be moved to the bonnet trailing edge.

Dave

3 Likes

Thanks Jag bros; makes sense that the kit comes with 15 ft of hose- I ordered 17 just in case, getting the t tube from an aquarium shop. Lol.
I’ll keep you updated when it’s done

2 Likes

Exactly right. :+1: :grinning:

I’ve got the water bottle. Now how best to afix it stocklike. I don’t see any holes to screw into. Prob will use the bracket as a template n spacers.
Below pics of the 69 2 plus 2 sans bottle
N then the 68

OTS

Yes, after the '66-late '67(ish) 2+2s: they still had the steeper windscreen, squirters on the cowl, and 3 wipers.

I added a small (aquarium) check valve near the pump on the line to the washers so it didn’t have to crank a while before fluid began squirting.

I suspect this mod would be even more helpful for a 2+2 with the long routing.

1 Like

I forgot to mention that you will need a bunch of these clips to hold the tubing in place on the bonnet. How many, I’m not sure. Maybe 8-10.

What does that check valve look like? Can you send a pic? N I only got 6 of the clips- looks like I’ll need more. Thanks guys!

Weird- routed all along- most clips were present, but not much for tubing to hang on at the end of the bonnet- and it seems when fully latched the line is being pinched- no where else I can see except if top of cam cover pinching it- is there that little of a clearance?? ( I checked by where it runs by radiator n it’s fine)
Hood lightly closed- squirts- fully latched- no squirt!

I had another tie to hold tubing further back- same thing

I’m thinking the receiver for the latch is pinching the line off ? Or somewhere along the edge Try it right out of there ,see if it flows

I’m thinking the big loop below the squirter is your problem. Mine, shown in post 2 above was much tighter to the bonnet.

It happened that it was being pinched oddly enough somewhere in the front- prob by radiator closure n picture frame or such.
That was driving me crazy!!
Thanks John!

1 Like

I got it on Amazon - exact listing is NLA but these appear to be the same.

https://www.amazon.com/AQUANEAT-10pcs-Aquarium-Check-Non-Return/dp/B086JRH4WS/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3165ANETFJ82R&keywords=Check%2BValves%2Bfor%2BAquarium&qid=1665163547&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIwLjAwIiwicXNhIjoiMC4wMCIsInFzcCI6IjAuMDAifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=check%2Bvalves%2Bfor%2Baquarium%2Caps%2C1147&sr=8-4&th=1

Yeah, comes in a handy 10-pack.

Any pet store that has a decent selection of aquarium supplies should have one.