Windshield chrome trim fit on S1.5 2+2

AM fitting the chrome trim for the windshield on my 2+2. I have the original trim (at least new to me as it came with the car 24 years ago and fitted well) but in fitting to the new seal it has become a problem in that the trim has one edge that slants/slopes into the seal while the other edge has an almost right angle turn to it making it very difficult to get said trim to sit flat into said seal.

I see nothing in the new seal that would allow the right angle edge to slide into? So as I battle with it could those of you who have come across the same “edge” problem please advise of whether it matters which way “up” the right angle edge goes…down toward the glass or up towards the roof.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Upper or lower chrome strip? In either case, due to the curve of the windscreen at both the top and bottom I can envision it only going on one way. If it’s anything else a picture of the problem would help.

Les;
My 2+2 is a S 2 and that is my point of reference. From your description of the chrome strip I suspect it has been damaged. Both edges, top and bottom, of the upper and lower strips have smooth ‘slants/slopes’, not right angles. I don’t have a photo of the chrome strips.

Regards, Joel.

Thanks Joel but the edges really are engineered. I’ll take a pic tomorrow and you’ll see what I mean.

Morning Joel,
Here’s a snip from the SNG website for the S1 2+2 upper windshield chrome. This is exactly the same profile as what’s been on my car for at least as long as I’ve owned it…24 years. You can see the difference between the two edges…

And here is a snip from SNG for the part they list for the SII cars…

Les;
Very interesting. The chrome strips on my car, my dad owned it from 1973 until I bought it from his estate in 1992, have both edges like the bottom edge shown in your picture from SNG.
My 72 MGB GT has the same profile chrome strip as my Jag.

Regards, Joel.

Follow up on the original question…received new top and botton chrome strips today but the longitudinal curviture of the new lower piece doesn’t come close to either the part that was on the car or even the curve of the seal/glass itself…it would require some serious bending to get it to fit the curvature of the glass/seal. Anyone else found this problem and if so, what did you do about it…this is for the SI 2+2 of course.