Windshield removal and replacement

Has anyone here done DIY windshield removal on an X150? Just gauging the level of difficulty for my leather dash shrinking fix. Thanks.

You probably need this;

Getting it back in is probably a bit more than a DIY job as they now supply structural support and are bonded in.

1 Like

I will have a go at most jobs , but I wouldn’t do that . I watched the pros fit a new screen to my old X Type . I would guess 1 hour to take out and clean up and half an hour to refit .
I had a fitter help me fit my XK140 screen as I broke the first at my attempt . It took us 2 hours in the evening and he only wanted a tip, I gave him £20 , what a bargain .

1 Like

That would be about right, its the laying of the bead of sealant thats the important piece, and the prep before laying it down. That’s where I feel it becomes a more intensive job and falls out of the realms of DIY.

1 Like

There could be insurance implications for diy-ing a modern bonded screen because they are a structural part of the vehicle. Like Jim, I’m up for most things, but would draw the line at that.

1 Like

I had the windshield installed in my 150 Roadster by a professional. Cost was $100.00 US and he also installed the chrome. Would not try myself. I would probably break the glass, screw up the mounting rubber, bend the chrome.

1 Like