Windshield washer reservoir

Has anyone replaced this , and if so it looks like its two pieces the filler neck and bottom seems to snap on some way, which contains the sensor and pump.
Suggestions on best way to search out the bottom half, its been patched twice now, and format and steps to remove it.
mike

Check out Mondeo parts they might fit?

I have found it useful, when confronting these types of problems, to go into the local dealer and get an exploded diagram from the parts dept. An alternate is the many parts dealers on the internet.

My question is “how to remove the reservour” ?
I have a leak on the bottom of it.

Walter

Mr. Schuster, have you found a way to fix your reservoir? I have at least one leak somewhere in my windshield washer system, but haven’t attempted to diagnose them yet. I’m hoping to find a mechanic who’s willing to search and repair the system for less than a dealer would charge. Thanks, for any comments, Jim Poole - Fort Collins, CO

Jim!

I had a leak since I bought the car, I know its at the reservoir.

Since I never use the squirters I decided to leave it alone.

The only way to fix that is to take the bumper off to look into

that area.

Walter

Thanks, Walter; I notice that you’ve posted many items. I need to fix the washer system, as once in awhile one gets a muddy windshield around here. However, it’s not top priority, and I can’t pay high labor costs to “seek a leak.” I suppose that it might be cheaper to just replace the reservoir and all accessible tubing. Best wishes for the Holidays, Jim.

Jim, you have a good idea, just to relocate the reservoir where its easy

to fill up and see how much liquid is in it.

Walter

guys, i have an xtype and ive replaced the reservoir twice. If you need any help or advice let
me know, will be glad to help mike