Windshield wiper motor grille

Pulled mine out for a look, and what did I find? While car was in storage for a few years by PO, i guess a mouse found a VERY cozy and safe home! Would have accessed it via two drain hoses.

1 Like

Greg,
Maybe they got to the heater motors as well.

Check to see that both of your heater blowers work and there are no unusual sounds or smells when they are operating.

Paul

We keep a container of corn in the garage to feed the deer in our front yard each day. One day we started noticing a few kernels of corn scattered all over the driveway just outside the garage door – which is nowhere near where we feed the deer. We were blaming each other for spilling the stuff. Then one day the wife was standing nearby when I opened the garage door and started our Honda Accord. The car sprayed corn all over the driveway when started. Come to find out some guilty mouse had gotten into our corn container and was stealing one kernel at a time and stashing them in the muffler of the Accord. We looked in there with a flashlight and the muffler was full of corn up to the level of the tailpipe. The weird thing is we couldn’t figure out how the mouse even got there. With a kernel in its mouth, it would have to make a vertical leap of something like 16 inches to reach that tailpipe.

Kirby - - could he have jumped onto wheel and up onto spring and across the axle to the tailpipe?
My critter story was with my Silverado. Turned on the blower to high and it sounded like popcorn or the fan disintegrating. Turned out some enterprising critter - -either chipmunk or squirrel - -was stashing Sago palm nuts – about the size of pecans - - in there. All happened within a week, as I usually drive the truck about once a week. I half-way filled up a 5 gallon bucket with the nuts I removed. I got some steel screen and blocked the access port to the vent system that was in the wheel well.

Also once found little droppings in the trunk of wife’s XF, and a nice bed made out of torn up paper towels from a roll I had in the trunk. The car stays garaged and it was in the coldest time of the winter. She doesn’t drive very often so the car had little activity, particularly in regards opening and closing the trunk. I never figured out how he accessed the trunk, but I made it a point of increasing the activity level of opening the trunk and rummaging around in cold weather. I guess I caused him to move on to another cozy spot somewhere.

After this discussion I think I need to rummage around her trunk this evening

I put those laundry softener sheets in the trunk and another by my distributor in winter storage…critters dont like the odor…also one by center of old fashioned barn door where there is a small crack.

when I had an RV, i had an issue of mice getting into engine compartment. I tried almost everything.

The final thing that kept them out - one of those little battery operated high frequency (above human hearing) pulse thingies. Had to change 9V battery every three months, but it worked like a charm.

I have those too but mine plug into the wall 120v…I do believe they help