Windshield Wiper Posts

Read 50 posts in the archives for wiper rack, but am not seeing an answer for cleaning and greasing the posts. Kinda stiff. They don’t appear to be serviceable, but that has never stopped us before. Has anyone done this successfully?
The splined driver is staked on the 1/4" shaft that is driven by the linkage. That shaft is splined and does not appear to be staked at the lever end. Has anyone taken it apart that way?
Also found a couple drivers in my wiper parts stash. Believe the offset holes are there to allow more purchase for the grub screws. Any advice for getting this done ? If not, I may just have to assume the Guinea Pig role here and chance having to buy a new rack.! Really need wipers where we live.
wiper 2|280x500

I have had luck with similar things by drilling a small hole in the side, stop when you hit the center shaft. Then use some solvent sprayed in the hole followed by some oil or grease from a grease gun. Use a metal or rubber tip against the hole for oil/grease.

I made a fitting that screws onto the threaded portion. It has a grease nipple on it, I was able to force grease into mine, worked like a charm.
If you want to try it, send me your address.
Alan Brown. abbtm@verizon.net

1 Like