Windshield wipers quit

wipers quit working–new switch-fuse good. power only to washer motor. no other power in pig tail. jumping terminals can hear realy clicking…bad relay??? michael 85 xjs

Wiper motors are exposed to all the bad things that kill motors.
The good news is they are usually repairable.
I would suspect that the brushes need to be replaced.
Sometimes condensation gets inside the case.
This causes corrosion, detached magnets and burned out bearings.
All these things are repairable unless the magnets get cracked.

motor has the cover on it, but i concur, that moisture can be a factor. if it needs to be rebuilt where can i find the parts. have not ruled out a bad motor yet. thanks michael 85 xjs

Michael,
There are a couple writeups at my site on wiper projects. One deals with overhaul of the early Lucas, the other with retrofit of an Electrolux system from a later model XJS to my preHe. Neither applies directly to your specific issue, but you might gain some insights.

www.efsowell.us

I ran my Lucas unit until the upper magnet separated from the case and was cracked in half by the winding.

JB welded the magnet back in shoved together. Clamps! It ran another year before the lower magnet was cracked in half by the winding. Again, epoxy and clamps. Ran another six months before it seized and I replaced it with another unit.

I’ll rebuild it and I bet it will run again… They are sturdy and simple. Unsealed though.