Wiper arm springs

I have Tex 12" stainless steel wiper arms. One of my arms has a weak rusty spring and doesn’t stay on the windshield versus the other two.

Can you buy replacement springs for these? Or do I just have to buy a new one?

Just spitballing here, but perhaps you could find another manufacturer’s wiper arm with a similar sized spring and switch it out for the spring in the Tex arm.

How much did you drive your car in the rain? You could install the weak spring one on the opposite side from the driver. I did look online and there are a number of tex wiper arms out there. Not sure if they will match what you have now. If you’re fussy, you might have to buy three of them. If one spring is shot maybe the others aren’t far behind.

These are pretty available. Probably cheaper to buy a new arm plus the look is not great.

It’s the driver side wiper. I don’t drive the car much in the rain, but the spring in this one is clearly rustier and not as strong as the others. Not sure if it’s more exposed at that angle or because it sits on the curved part of the windshield and wore faster as a result.

The spring looks like this. Has anyone seen one like this around? I figure the patina and shine will be worse if I get new ones, though I suppose I could get a new one and swap the spring.

You might try contacting one of these guys…

https://www.google.com/search?q=spring+suppliers&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1-ab