Wire loom routing for an XK120

I’m helping a friend rewire an XK120 that was “rewired” by the PO using his own color coding, etc. I have several wiring diagrams, but not a diagram showing how the wires run through the car. Does anyone have pictures or a sketch that would show me how to run the new wiring loom?

Years ago we started a library of useful information.
I hope with the new format we can continue this.
http://www.jag-lovers.org/xk-lovers/library/120_wiring/

1 Like

This is amazing!! Just what I needed.

Thanks

Mike

I must have a later model since there is no turn signal on the diagram, or maybe I just couldn’t find it.

Mike Oldak
pardon typos on my cell

If you mean the factory wiring diagrams in the Service Manual, you are correct that the OTS diagram does not show turn signals, because early cars did not have them. For later OTS you have to look on the one for FHC to see the turn signals, while ignoring the two interior lights which OTS does not have. For DHC you also use the FHC diagram but DHC only has one interior light.

This loom routing is an invaluable! But I have one question, I see where the body harness goes into the sill in the front, but where does it exit? Did my body guy forget a hole when he repaired the sill? Does someone have a picture maybe?

The back end on mine is open.

The rear harness goes up over the inner wing and the battery cable goes over to the battery shelf.

1 Like

C2706 in sill for body harness and battery cable, FRONT

C2706 in sill rear, battery cable

The C2706 are the correct grommets for them.

You probably need more on the grommets - contact me if you need a full grommet list, although there should be one in the archives…

Tadek

1 Like

Thanks so much, these Pic’s did the trick.