Wire Wheel options. Anyone use “British Wire Wheels”?

Yes 16x6 Dayton’s with 205/65R16 tires. call Dayton, They know how to make them and I believe they were used on aston martins.

Thanks Boys.

This is my therapy. I have had a horrendous few years recently and this has helped a bit. Takes your mind off things.

She looks as good from underneath too in Sherwood green. I did the whole thing the same color, inside, outside, underneath too.

You should see the next one I am building! That is the one with EZ pas/Heritage TBs fuel injection and Clayton AC.
Battleship grey( Non metallic), red interior. Nearly finished, it is down at the workshops, might visit it this w/end.
She is absolutely “Eagle E-type Henry Pearman” gorgeous.

Wont be long.

2 Likes

James

The comment (replace “Thread” with “Comment”: :needpics:

:laughing:

1 Like

Ok Craig

2 Likes

Ahh. I see. So the 16x6 option for the Aston Martins will fit on an E-type with no clearance issues? Same off-set, or are they literally made to order to mate to an E? Were they significantly more expensive? Sorry…I have lots of questions!! Haha!

I’ve already done the modifying to accommodate the 205s in the rear, and my tube-style wheels are starting to rust on the inside, so the chrome is flaking and acting like razor blades on my tubes…:expressionless: This is why I’m where in at. I’ve already got a set of 205/70R15 Michelin Defenders on, so if I make the switch to a 16” wheel, they’ll be useless to me. The whole idea for me is to ultimately not need tubes and have a safer wheel, while at the same time not have to spend over $400 per tire because whether you’re running 185s or 205/70s, the vintage tire market seems to be the only place you can get tires for these cars. But from your suggestion, there ARE a significant amount of more options in the 205/65R16 range than the 70R15. So I sincerely thank you for this suggestion, Bill.

Dayton understands the offsets needed for fitting 16’s to an E type. Just call and ask the questions. I did need to fiddle the rear bump stops, but that is likely with 205’s on 15 or 16’s.

Oh, it definitely is: Tweety had his completely removed, plus the brackets, to accommodate the 6x15 Borranis and Goodyear Blue Streaks he used for racing.

Yeah, I removed mine, plus ground the brackets down to almost nothing.

I removed mine completely. Found a treasure underneath.

You like that Ez don’t you!
The coupe looks wonderful!
Gtjoey