Wire Wheel Spokes for Mark IV

Help! I need a set of wire wheel spokes for one wheel for my recently purchased Mark IV Saloon. There are twenty 6-inch and twenty 8-inch spokes in a wheel.

Welcome George. This is the place I would try first in the US.

Or here.

In the UK there is this place.

1 Like

Hey Rob, thanks for the information. After reading through each of the sites, I’m not sure if my wheel can be repaired with new spokes, or should be replaced. Problem is I don’t see 18" wheels for a Mark IV on either of the 2 U.S. sites. I need to check out the UK site.

Thanks again,
George

18" is probably not a big seller here. Maybe call them up.

Yes George, MWS makes them in painted or chromed, as I checked for the same recently. They make the spokes, centres and hubs as spare parts. There is a point in time and cost where it is not worth repairing a wheel when you need a lot of spokes. Major re-spoking of a wheel requires a lot of care and skill to ensure it runs true and retains the correct offset, etc. Check their website as it is very informative.

Peter

Thanks for the info Rob and Peter. Most likely I’ll be replacing some if not all 5 of them. :frowning:

I took my wheels to these guys when I bought the car for service and checking they would be safe to use. I know in U.K. but might give a benchmark for expenses?

I ordered a wheel and several other things from MWS yesterday. I’ll use it to start swapping out the others one at a time to send them off and have them inspected. Meanwhile I’ll keep the rusty one with 3 bad spokes as a spare until all the rest pass inspection or are replaced. Then I’ll retire it. Thanks for everyone’s help.