Wirral Brums Run - Sunday 28th October?

I’m aware this is a worldwide forum, but would ask if any Wirral (UK) based members care to join the ‘Brums & Buns’ run on Sunday 28th October?

Usual top secret rendezvous 9.30 am to leave @ 10 am (ish); 20 miles of Wirral lanes, park up at a café expecting us, drink tea, eat cake, talk rubbish for a bit, home again. Twenty assorted ‘Brums’ of various marques signed up thus far dating from 1930’s to 1970’s and we have space for ten more. Note it is the same morning as the clocks go back.

If interested please email me john@johncartlidge.com or message me with your email address and I will send you the details.

JCC

Evening all,

3 Likes

OMG!! What a lovely S-type and the Facel Vega is spectacular!

Maybe Mk II and Alvis, I’d say … but otherwise you’re right - it sounds and looks like a relaxed event!

Thanks for sharing, John

Jochen

75 XJ6L 4.2 auto (UK spec)

Looks like a spectacular event - fair makes me want to move up to the Midlands!

For those of us who live in the delicate home counties dare I ask what is a “Brum”? A resident of Birmingham perhaps?

Frankie

Hi Frankie,

The ‘Brums’ in this context are the cars, as in ‘brum-brum’ noises kids might make when playing with cars, and we are Wirral (the bit sticking out inbetween Wales and Liverpool).

JCC

1 Like

Have a great day and I hope the sun shines for you all!

F

Have a good one and watch out for the cyclists. Most of my family still live on the Wirral and I visit a couple of times a year. There aren’t that many place names you can type into Google and only get correcf hits.

Not wif dat spelink.

Hi Peter,

Let the family know to look out for us or join us at the cafe. Our brigade will set off a bit after 10 am and the route takes us from Irby to Barnston, Heswall Hills, Clatterbridge, Willaston, Burton, Neston, Parkgate then to Blue Bell Cafe, Chester High road to arrive at around 11.30 am, noting the 28th is the day the clocks go back. There will be a few Jags, but as I write the group is:

Austin Cambridge
Austin 7
Mk2 jag
Panhard 24
Morris Minor
Jag - XJ?
XJ12 1974
XJ8 2004
Mk2 Zephyr
Triump Stag or Austin A35
MG 1100 Vanden plas
Mk1 Zephyr
1927 Bentley 6 1/4
Mk1 Golf Cabrio or Rover P4
Morris 8 Series E or A40 Devon
1969 Alfa
Sunbeam Tiger
Morgan
1946 Bentley MkVI

Looked correcf to mee…

I oosed to make meny misteaks but ortokorrect is marvelus.

1 Like