Wishbone/ pin removal

Hey team,
How do I remove this “wishbone” please correct if that’s the wrong name. I have it highlighted in the photo. Is this pin threaded in or pressed? Thanks for any help!

Heating the areas marked in red (not necessarily red hot) and with a wrench or deep socket on the hex marked in blue you should be able to rotate the shaft to free it up. If not the same heating procedure support it and drive it out using a or the nut threaded on flush with the end of the threads so you don’t damage the threads.

2 Likes

Hi Mark lower front wishbone lever i think…my pin was stuck fast and not comming out…the outer end just slips on the pin and the inner held in by the bushes…penetrating oil and heat and a large screwdriver as a lever in between the two red marks above to free up the outer end…then the bushes can be worked on…burn or drill the rubber out…the bush has an inner metal sleeve…i used a thin sharp chisel to slice it off…Steve

Lower Front Wishbone Lever C.3013 (21) is correct.

The C.3018 Pin (23) is not threaded into the C.3005/3017 Lower Rear Wishbone L/R (22) and should come out with heat and torque.
Take note these are Left and Right.

Just to be clear, there are no rubber bushes on the pin you are trying to remove. It should simply drift out as an interference fit, but as J E says heat may well be required. Rob’s diagram shows it clearly.