WTB: XJ6 Series III bits and pieces

Searching for a few items. I got quite a bit through David Boger and some things from eBay, but still on the

For a 1987 XJ6 in Talisman Silver exterior (MDF) and Savile Grey interior (LDY)

Floor mats. The over mats, not the base carpet. With the “JAGUAR” in the carpet.

C-pillar interior trim panel. Non-VDP

Jack set, trying to upgrade the condition, so I’m really only looking for mint condition.

B-pillar interior lamp lenses

Console switch backing plate. Nicer than this:

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.

Would XJS interior lamp fixtures be the same?
If you think they might work, give me a call @650-455-1110
I’ll take some pics to send you.
My computer is wonky so I don’t rely on it for anything.
Steve

Steve, Jay,
I believe that the Series III XJ6 and XJ12 B pillar interior lamps are very different from anything Jaguar used in the XJ-S/XJS. Attached are pictures of them in my former 1984 XJ6 Vanden Plas. The left side and right side B pillar lamps are different and mirror images of each other.

The lenses came with either a Doeskin bezel (JLM572, JLM573) or Black bezel (JLM554, JLM555) depending on the interior trim.

All the lamps and lenses in my three Series III XJ6 parts cars were cracked and fragile, and they crumbled in my hands when I removed them. They are difficult to find, and I suspect a good option for an enterprising aftermarket supplier since many of the ones that I have seen over the years are in need of replacement.

Paul

1 Like

Thanks for the info Paul. And thanks for the offer Steve.

Here’s my driver’s side, the worse of the two. I guess it’s not in too bad of shape considering Paul’s observations.