WWs Park to the Right?

I was replacing the wiper blades earlier today on Superblack (‘92 5.3), after repainting the wiper arms (a bit o’ rust :blush:) and noticed that the blades are parked next to the bottom trim of the windshield on the right (passenger side). This is the opposite of Superblue ('94 4.0), whose park an inch or two above the trim on the left (driver’s) side of the windshield. Are Superblack’s supposed to be that way, or did a PO somehow reverse the parking location on her? :confused: I actually prefer it Superblack’s way, with the WWs out of view until activated. :+1: Is it possible to do that with Superblue’s too?

From what I’ve seen it is possible that they both are the way they came from the factory. I actually just changed mine the other week. My old set that parked to the right didn’t work so I bought an assembly on eBay. Come to find out they parked on the left. Of course I found it out the hard way by installing it and turning it on, only to have my wipers go down onto my paint! Argh! I ended up running with them parked to the left for a while but finally decided to look into it, and its pretty simple to do. The actuating arm that is bolted to the electric motor just needs relocated 180deg on the shaft. You undo the nut, lift up on the arm, make it 180 and tighten it up again. If you don’t get it correct, the wipers will go down a little then up,so you might have to readjust the arm a little. It took me a couple tries to get it right, but I’m kinda glad I did. Downfall is I have to get new wipers because the blades skip now from being parked the other way for so long. Also, if you are testing it and you try your washers and the don’t spray, do yourself a favor and try adding fluid before tearing it all apart again only to find it was out of fluid. Duh me! Lol

1 Like

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, you do need right parking arms. The one has a different bend to it