X-308 sunroof cables?

For weeks I’ve been trying to trace an irritating rattle from the rear of the car - suspension bushes, exhaust, bumper, bootlid, all seemed solid.

But today I sat in the rear seat for the first time ever, and it seemed that the rattle was coming from the left rear roof pillar, indeed touch it and you could feel the rattle.

So hauled out the trunk liner to get at the base of the pillar, but all I could find/feel was the soft rubber tube for the sunroof drain, and a wire, neither of which could be making such a din. My money was on the sunroof actuating cables, of which I assume there’s one each side, but where are they ?

Does anyone know the route of these cables, and whether it’s possible to get at 'em somehow ?

Thanks,

Anthony

Huh, well got that completely wrong ! Just found something on You Tube about these sunroofs and the motor is at the front, so there are no cables running down the rear pillars. I was expecting it to be like the SIII, where this does happen, with the motor being beneath the rear window.

So back to square one, unless anyone has any bright ideas ?

Believe it or not I was getting a clunk which appeared to be coming from the rear passenger’s side near side in RHD cars in UK. Turned out the the culprits were the spongy Isolators on the FRONT Shocks!
Replaced those and all was well again.

Thanks belatedly, Neil - you may well be right ! I’ll see if I can get new rubbers, not much to lose…