X type engine oil leak

Hi, this is Martin in Ohio. My car is a 2005 X-Type estate wagon, brg and champaign, called Gekko. There is an engine oil leak which seems to be coming from the engine side facing the grill. Have read a lot of articles which indicate that the
pan gasket can only be renewed by lifting off the front suspension frame. Before I do that, wanted to try tightening all of the an bolts to specs. As you all know, the side of the pan facing the front of the car is especially hard to reach.

My question is, if I remove the valance panel behind and under the front bumper, and perhaps even the bumper itself, can I reach the front pan bolts in question? Or are these hidden bolts still unaccessible?

BTW, the factory said the transmission is sealed for life. Bah, Humbug. It’s not that hard to drain and refill which I have’
done at home. Filled with best quality transmission fluid and measured very carefully. It makes a subtle improvement.
The old fluid was really dirty.

Thanks and Regards,

The pan can be removed without the suspension dropped but you will need to drill a hole in the transfer case mount webbing to gain access to the one bolt in the corner.

The exhaust pipe will also need to be removed.

Plenty of info and write-ups on the interweb.

The proper way is to displace the transfer case to gain access to the one bolt.
That is how we did it at the Jaguar Dealer but with the owners permission, many shops drill the hole.

bob

Thanks Motorman,

Appreciate the advice.