X-type sun roof stopped working

It had worked perfectly but no longer. Luckily I got it closed so rain does not come in. Another Jaguar enthusiast said that to repair it needs a lot to open, inside roof, back window. Sounds difficult and costly. He said that it may just be one small plastic part that causes the problem. Any advices?

Have you tried re-calibrating???

TSB XT501-05am outlines the procedure.

XT501-05am Sliding Roof Does Not Close Properly.pdf (23.9 KB)

bob

Dear Bob, thank you for your reply and suggestion. My technical English is not that good. There is written: Symptoms can become apparent if the ignition is
switched off when the sliding roof is in motion.
The sliding roof can be re-calibrated, but the fault can recur. A permanent service fix is
to replace the sliding roof motor. A software change in the new (smart) sliding roof
motor eliminates this concern, as the position of the sliding roof is continuously stored.

• If I understand it correctly, I can try to use the roof swift, without swifthing off the ignition and it is so re-calibred. If the problem comes again, the roof motor must be replaced/or softwera changed? As I wrote, my friend told me that repairing the roof motor means to unbuild a lot of the roof interior. Is that so…? Thanks again for your consideration.